The Thai Thing on 3rd. Someone Report Please!

I think none of us have been.

And even though I’m across the street unfortunately I’m a lamo on keto right now (15lbs in 3 weeks bitches). I’ll try it soon enough but I’m dying to find out from trusted sources how it is mainly because they’re posting pics like this!!

What is keto and why is everyone “on it”?

1 Like

high protein diet / to lose weight

Hi fat, average protein, almost no carbs.

Super effective weight to drop loads of weight while still eating a lot of rich food. Doesn’t work long term for food obsessed people but once every few years I’ll do it to get back to norm. The not drinking has shockingly been my favorite part. As much as I miss it, feels great to not deal with everything that comes with booze.

1 Like

what comes with booze other than good times?

Cirrhosis.

2 Likes

Hi fat, average protein, almost no carbs.

I would starve to death.

I had steak with butter on top, tripple cream brie, sauteed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, salad for dinner

1 Like

Certainly no one goes hungry on that kind of diet. But there are those cravings :slight_smile:

Nice! I’ve lost 25 lbs just cutting out carbs and alcohol during the week and trying not to go completely off the rails on the weekends.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m a grown up though.

I like how nobody cares about the original post lol… keto is interesting

(will pause at month end for long wine country adjacent road trip)

1 Like

AKA “Weight loss in order to prepare for a role”, in the local biz vernacular.

1 Like

Code for not eating.

Last night. Potato for guests

4 Likes

And don’t forget: No salt or sodium for a minimum of three days prior.

huh? never heard that. keto requires a lot more salt in fact.

@nemroz Ita a different diet. The red carpet diet. Another version is wait until you’re dizzy from hunger, then eat five almonds.

2 Likes

Running with limbs inside trash bags.

Finally took a pause and tried this place and you know know what? It’s legit. Really pleased that they have authentic food and the menu isn’t all about the side where you get to have the noodle or rice / veg of your choice with a protein.

Went for the Hidden Green Curry that was loaded up with eggplant, slightly funky shoots and nice green beans. 3 big pork meatballs filled with dry salted yolk. Lovely vermicelli topped with fried garlic. Kid’s pad thai was wonderfy, very toothy, perfect tofu and it was tangy and not as sweet as normally. Though still too sweet.

No more satay or the grilled pork on sticks that you’ll surely see on all their socials.

I have a feeling they’ll do even better than Noree (by the legendary Pla and Fern just down the street) because it’s cozy, bright and there’s some parking

Dig it and it’s across the street!.

4 Likes