Thumbs Up For Capital Seafood In Beverly Hills

Dim sum restaurants don’t care about the order in which dim sum is served so I’m not surprised.

Sergio on summer break?

right… that’s 1 point and i agree… but the bigger points are that they do care about bringing what you order and bringing it hot.

2 Likes

Big thumbs up today! Every dish came out hot and perfect. Tried some new things today

Reached 100 $NB for 3 people today with 2 beers and no premium level orders

9 Likes

What is the 4th pic?

Rooster bile pudding. Surprising!

1 Like

mango pudding with evaporated milk on top for extra smoothness

2 Likes

Why do dim sum restaurants serve desserts in/with plastic when they don’t for their other dishes? Is it because the desserts are made off-site? Pure convenience/cost? It’s incongruous particularly at the higher end places, with having a nice meal and then get served dessert with a tiny plastic spoon.

Dim sum restaurants do not have a large supply of forks and spoons for diners, who mostly eat with chopsticks. They certainly have a small supply for diners who request them but certainly not enough for those eating mango pudding or wedding cake at a wedding banquet.

Adding to Dave’s answer, there really aren’t any higher end dim sum places in the US.

sorry lol… i meant to edit the dumb joke and describe but forgot

2 Likes

I think the highest end would be Dragon Beaux and Palette Tea House in SF, and Li Orient Asian Bar & Restaurant in Pasadena (has anyone tried their dim sum?)…

Had to try some new to is dishes today and they’re all great

Deep Fried shrimp paste rolls

Stir fried sticky rice

Lattice pan fried potstickers

Pineapple crust egg yolk buns

6 Likes

I was there today and grabbed take out today try the shrimp paste rice rolls if you haven’t had a chance those are really good

1 Like

can those still be good as takeout!? the crunch is 1/2 the point

We just live 5 min away so I ate it right away when we got home still crunchy but maybe not peak crunchy

Thumbs up from me as well - tried it on a weekday.

Had the lunch special - French style filet mignon w soup, egg roll and fried rice $14.95. Sooooo good and made up for the beef calories wasted the day before at PDC SaMo.

I ordered other items as well to test out before coming back for a business lunch I’m hosting. Very good - Chinese broccoli; Steamed pork bun (nice smoky taste and aroma from star anise). Good - har gao steamed dumplings. Fair - baked pork bun (dough too thin and flabby; prefer Lunasia’s).

8 Likes

You ate this all by yourself?!? That’s pretty good :+1:t3::sweat_smile:

1 Like

@hungryhungryhippos Yes, but not all in one sitting :wink: #leftovers4days

2 Likes

3 Likes