Unique Dining Experiences?

Thanks everyone. After making a reservation at 3 places on the list he chose Mare on Melrose. I’m looking forward to a report :relaxed:.

Thanks @PorkyBelly & @J_L. You always find new & unique stuff! I’m saving those for future.

P.S. @honkman - I ended up putting Animal on the list. Husband said I was underestimating his tastes :grin:.

1 Like

Pecs??? How can you see the pecs through his overalls, esp w/ his biceps being so distracting??? Can I get arms like that from farming geoduck???

:blush: Ooops. Thanks @paranoidgarliclover. I meant biceps! You’d think I’d know, since the husband is a total gym rat.

In a hurry. This is the best thread I could find on short notice. My homie wants to take his home from college daughter to dinner in Bev Hills or Westside (not too west, westside). She wanted to go to Crustacean (no groaning. we can discuss merits later). I think it’s still closed for remodel. But something along those lines - lively and hip… tonight! Help!

No it’s not. It’s baaaaack.

Dan Tana’s
EP/LP
Catch
Koi

1 Like

Ahhh… their phone is down.

One of these will work. Thanks!

I think you should go to Crustacean.

Are you pulling my leg? I thought you hated that place.

…Or maybe contempt is more like it.

Anyway, their phone line is down.

It’s been revamped. Supposed to be different.

But, yes, I do hate that place.

Phew… all is right with the world again.

I have a source who tells me that it’s better now. Like much better.

1 Like

Hinoki and The Bird

1 Like

Hence the suggestion.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll say it. I :heart: Crustacean’s Spicy Crab and Garlic Noodles and don’t much care whether they are authentic dishes or if the other menu items are mediocre.

Plus I love the koi in the floor. Hokey? Who cares. My other fascination was wondering how long that big, yellow fish (supposedly Mama An’s oldest and favorite) was going to live.
Not sure I’m going to like the newer sleeker version. I’m sentimental that way.

1 Like

By the way, they went to Koi. Can’t say much, because I’ve never been, but the young people seem to dig it.

I’ve always wondered how they would taste.

Probably pretty good with the garlic noodles.

1 Like

The fish in the aquarium pic is a dog-faced or black spotted puffer fish. They’re a tropical species - very common throughout the warmer waters.

Please tell me ol’ yeller was by itself. They should be kept alone - very territorial - can be aggressive, biting with its powerful beak-like teeth, puffing up, and even releasing that toxin - of which puffers are infamous for - and wiping out the whole tank.

1 Like