Vegan glory

I like this place. I’m not even vegan. I get the curry chicken. Thoughts?

My first thought is that it’s totally ok for you to like it. My second though is that it’s quite easy to eat vegan at normal thai places. My last thought is that fake chicken is stupid, just eat tofu, grains and veg.

2 Likes

I find it really hard to eat vegan at most thai places. That fish sauce…

3 Likes

hmm. makes sense.

2 Likes

You’re a crack up. But for vegetarians and vegans it’s what @dagrassroots wrote. It’s just less stress not having to ask if a dish has fish sauce or chicken broth and have the waiter scurry back to the kitchen to question the cooks.

1 Like

Where is this place btw?

1 Like

on Beverly Blvd, across the Street from Mandarette

You think too much. Tofu is nasty. Fake chicken is good.

3 Likes

Oh sweet. My neck of the woods… finally.

for the record i’ve eaten there… it’s good… but tasted like thai light to me

I like Bulan Thai Vegetarian (in this 'hood and in Silverlake). If you’ve been, I’d be curious about a comparison.

Edit: Best fake chicken I’ve had. :slight_smile: Tasty satay.

Hence why I like it. It’s probably not that healthy either. It’s too delish.
Cookie, never had Bulan Thai Vegetarian.

Same mall as Hirozen Gourmet ?

light as in not quite thai enough lol… yea it’s far from healthy… loads of sodium and fat… everything had coconut cream in it

1 Like

Hirozen isn’t Hirozen anymore – one of the chefs took it over and it’s named after him. I used to love Hirozen then it went downhill in my opinion and never returned. Not sure how it is now, I don’t live/work in the area anymore so if anyone goes please let me know. Also, I used to love vegan glory. Not sure why I stopped going there. They had this really great ginger tea i used to get when i wasn’t feeling well.

Hirozen is now Matsumoto. It is my neighborhood happy place. This is my omakase from two nights ago.

With a nice little shirako treat.

2 Likes

that looks really GOOD! glad it’s back to being awesome again :slight_smile:

Yeah because there’s no dish sauce or chicken broth lol the stuff that makes everything not vegan at standard Thai spots.

I’ll have to try both.

How much was it ?