Weekend Run-Down (October 2015) - what did you have?

damn, that’s the joint started by the Vietnamese guy Kenny who was doing catering for the last few years, yes?

maybe just serve some plain banh mi with the brisket instead of doing “Southern” everything?

The short rib does look tasty.
Is the best a place that didn’t know what burnt ends are?

Def Asian owned. But they delivered in taste and it is next to that bakery with good pastries and a Viet coffee girl shop. The trifecta right there.

On an semi related note, there is a baguette place in the shopping center that makes a spam, BBQ pork and egg baguette that is pretty tasty. Buy 3 get 1 free so you can 4 for $9 or so.

Honestly though, the Mac and cheese was pretty good. Better than most. Price was steep though, $22 for a brisket plate with about 1/2 of brisket. I would definitely rather have a small baguette than that corn muffin thing, that would be awesome.

YES! know exactly where it is! I love that bakery–Au Coeur de Paris– but the Viet coffee shop --Di Vang 2–is carrying meat older than that brisket for sure.

Thanks for the Monday lunch-dessert-dessert bang^3 inspo.

• @kevin your fave viet coffee joint now has a BBQ brisket neighbor. text me.

I never been. But it beats what I have had in LA which includes Barrel n Ashes, Smoke City, Big Mista, Bigg Dane and Beales, and Bludsos for sure.

I really wanted that damn beef rib though, beef ribs are my thing. Damn those dinner only items!

Fuck I guess I can get some Viet coffee and a beef rib.

Oh shit. I was about to say cafe di vang 2 sounds very very very very familiar.

A5. Please let me know.

Beef ribs are my thing too.

But the number of joints that even offer beef ribs are slim to none.

A5 what’s the fucking address on the beef rib joint ???

And then additionally the iced cFe saua dua joint ???

Thanks man.

M Cutie is in walking distance.

Or just drive to the next center. lol

The beef rib is after 5pm only. I wanted the dino rib but the dude said it won’t be ready til dinner time.

But I would go bang ^3

Smoking Ribs
Pastry
M Cutie

worth noting M Cutie is BYOB(eef).

however, smoked beef lunch + dessert macarons + fleshy eye candy + more meat candy = call to the office w/ no answer == divorce == no more money to ball out on sushi ala kEats.

i can just see you guys at m cutie – I’m bigger than you and higher up the food chain. Get in my belly.

Yes, this is why I posted the question! :smile:

Here is the link to their sample menu:

http://travelinspired.com/menu/

shit, i’m down with this fucking joint, hopefully it’s open on the weekends too.

i can’t make it there on a week day.

no way can do.

just checked out the yelpers.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-smoking-ribs-garden-grove?start=60

I literally just did the same…and promptly bookmarked it. Can’t wait to try it next time I’m in OC!

I second the “… eye test but never had the urge to go”

Bookmarked the place maybe 4+ years ago and can’t even imagine how many times I must have passed on it in that span.

If you go, definitely let me know how it is. If you say it’s good, I’ll give the place priority. I’ll do the same if I get there first.

thats filipino sizzling pork and that’s the one with the egg too? looks great if so – i saw they do a 50/50 with diff meats on tater tots, like oxtails on one side…i do enjoy lumpia as well – sample any of dem?

spot looks like a gut buster

Lumpia wasn’t on the menu last time I went, but now I can’t wait to go back and try it!

I’ve had the pork adobo grilled cheese, sisig tater tots (yes, that’s the sizzling pork with the egg), and the B&S Hot Dog. All were quite good, but the sisig tater tots are my favorite thus far.

Excellent customer service, too!