What L.A. Restaurants Do Better

"Blessed with fabulous produce and the assumption of quality, Los Angeles is a natural source of inspiration for cooks. “My neighborhood grocery store is the Santa Monica Farmers Market,” humble-brags Jeremy Fox, chef of the esteemed Rustic Canyon eight blocks away. Warm weather encourages meatless eating, too. “You can get a damn good salad in Minneapolis,” says Patric Kuh, restaurant critic for Los Angeles Magazine. “But we have conditions that make vegetable eating the natural choice.” In Minneapolis, he says, “there’s no moment when there’s three feet of snow outside and anyone says, ‘I’ll have a salad.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/in-la-vegetables-are-the-stars/2017/03/31/9d6bc6fa-13e8-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html

1 Like

But please don’t move here - Our traffic is bad enough as it is already…

2 Likes

And they might miss driving a snowmobile during rush hour.

2 Likes

I was in Minneapolis in early Jan when Winter Storm Iras (sp?) hit, and I ordered the roasted carrot salad at Spoon and Stable, and was very happy I did. In fact, I went back the next day and ordered the same salad.

Yes, I know, a personal flaw.

2 Likes

You work as a management consultant don’t you? lol

idk how else you could be in so many random American cities throughout the year

Not to be taken negatively, mind you, just can’t help the curiosity…I know it doesn’t relate…