What would you like to see food wise that does not exist in L.A?

Uh… @Ns1 just did.

What?? Why doesn’t anyone tell me these things?

This can’t be the first time you’ve heard of Boiling Crab with it’s numerous locations and dozens of copycats

Search yelp for “Crawfish”, exclude the 5 cajun restaurants, and the rest are viet crawfish joints.

3 Likes

Viet Crawfish has been in Southern California for about 10 years lol

2 Likes

I’ve eaten at the Westwood one plenty of times, but had no idea it was Vietnamese. Too funny, I’m all mopey because I want Vietnamese crayfish and I’ve been eating it all this time.

We find the good food, don’t we, even when we don’t know what the heck we are eating. :joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

OMG - that’s really funny.
Watch the David Chang Ugly Delicious episode on Shrimp and Crawfish for a summary of the history of this cultural amalgam.

1 Like

https://m.yelp.com/biz/kopitiam-new-york

This.

2 Likes

I wish there were more restaurants serving traditional high-end European cuisines in upscale, mature settings. Restaurants in the mold of Valentino (now closed) and Brera. There are more on the East Coast than on the West Coast. Example: I was recently in Toronto and at a nice Portuguese restaurant called Chiado. I enjoyed my meal there more than my meals at most of the hip, loud places in LA (Majordomo, Bestia, etc.).

1 Like

Aye. I expressed similar sentiments earlier in this thread

if there was enough demand for it, there would be. while the culture base on the east coast is largely european, the same can not be said for the west coast. i’d describe it as being more heavily mexican/central american/pacific rim influenced. it’s why something like bulgogi tacos work out here, and roy choi would be the first to agree.