What's easier than grilling things over charcoal?

For double that you can get a Kamono acorn with cast iron grill which is a smoker and a grill in one. That’s what I rock

1 Like

my god nemroz who the hell do you cook for

5 Likes

i had a party… they barely left me a bite!

4 Likes

Locusts. The lot of them…

5 Likes

p.s. as you can see from the pic… it’s officially Nemroz’s Summer of Ouzo

2 Likes

11 Likes

No shit, king shit.

Ooh, sorry :frowning: We’ve had occasional meat get away from us but not THAT many. Good luck next time.

Teach me . I need to up my game . Meat, marinade? I can figure the rest out . Thanks. Fabulous kebabs.

Not sure following

The meats looked really overcooked. No? And I guess I assume “king shit” wasn’t a good thing.

Assumed incorrectly

4 Likes

No, definitely not overcooked. Very fatty meat, the pork is mostly pork belly. And the lamb on the left is quite fatty as well. Tough to dry out.

Pork belly. Interesting. Do you do any special prep, how is it cooked and eaten? I love pork belly and cook it but never thought of grilling it.

2 Likes

we just buy marinated meats from experts and grill them over mesquite. they have fresh meats and butchering skills… pork in particular is a mixed bag of cuts on purpose. some fatty meaty pieces, some chopped up ribs, some pork belly. We just grill and eat with sides.

2 Likes

So you put the different cuts on the same skewer or separate by cut/type? With it having been marinated don’t you have flare ups? Especially with something as fatty as pork belly. Interesting. Is that ground lamb?

Ground lamb with spices and onion yes. Both are fatty so therein comes the skill of grilling, waiting until charcoal is very tame, closing your air intakes, turning, moving etc.

Shouldn’t mix cuts on a skewer, i tried to keep them uniform. This is just a small gathering. When we have proper bbq there’s enough of every kind of cut to have groups of skewers of each. Marinade is very simple, no sugars, no oils, so doesn’t cause flame itself, just the fat does…

3 Likes

It all sounds great! Thanks for elaborating. We grill year round, even in the snow :slight_smile:

throw stuff on skewers it’s great… the skewer helps it grill faster so keeps it juicier