Where's kevin

oh, it was you.

excuse me about @catholiver you seem to have a bad attitude about others that you don’t like.

saying, granted to some this Kevin character mattered to some people, just maybe not you.

2 Likes

Wow!!! My first grandchild was born yesterday… apparently into a world where someone who voices discomfort with a person who uses the word fuck (for no apparent useful purpose) several times in every post here is deemed to have “a bad attitude about others”. I get that acceptance of others’ individuality is a good thing to have, but… really. If you were at dinner with someone who thought it was useful to fart loudly every few minutes during the meal (and make no apology for it) … I guess that would be just fine???

1 Like

that’s what I was getting at essentially.

but people can disagree one would assume.

you’re correct @Midlife

Haven’t you and others already posted about people who have passed away? I seem to recall posters sharing stories and reminiscing. On the other hand, nobody is allowed to talk about missing kevin without your sour comments. He’s gone. Wtf else do you want?

As far as you being “done with this silliness”, I’m confused as to why you spend so much time on this thread anyway. Unless it’s to troll posters who like kevin.

7 Likes

I know. That’s why I wrote that I :heart: him for this thread. The amateur shrink in me finds the whole kevin phenomenon interesting. If people don’t like it why don’t they unfollow? I’m thinking about it myself. It’s getting tedious.

1 Like

I think polarizing opinions thrown at each other causes a tit-for-tat action-reaction loop. Palestine/Israel, Trump/anti-Trump, Hiroshima/Kansai okonomiyaki, etc.

Especially in this time where responding is almost effortless - all one needs is an electronic device that is able to communicate, minimal time and an urge to not let go - the cost of tossing verbal mud pies at each other is so low.

2 Likes

[quote=“Funtimes, post:334, topic:2093”]
you’re correct @Midlife
[/quote] I don’t think he is at all. @kevin no longer posts on FTC. So how is he offending midlife? This is a thread about missing kevin. Okay, share your opinions. But know when to get back in your own lane.

3 Likes

Good point. I’m going to go edit and post some chicken pictures.

“Accidental Courtesy” is a documentary currently on Netflix. Intriguing, outwardly controversial and inspiring. If Daryl Davis can achieve what he has, (considering who he is and whose minds and souls he changed), just about every other conflict and disagreement seems resolvable.

2 Likes

@robert, how does one “unfollow” a thread. TIA

Change your Tracking to Muted.

Topic controls at the bottom of the page. Watching / Tracking / Normal /Muted

1 Like

Intrigued… I’m going to check it out.

@TheCookie I don’t know where I said he OFFENDS me NOW. I found him annoying when he posted here but, as you say, he’s no longer here so I’m not annoyed any more. What I do find annoying is people demeaning others who respond to posts that bring up the subject of his behavior while he was here. I don’t think I posted anything about him directly after he left because I don’t think it’s worth the effort as I know he didn’t/doesn’t care. What I do post about is my thought on what I find interesting about the continuing polarization his memory brings out. To me this long topic, mostly the parts that pay homage to him, is a sad commentary on what passes for acceptable behavior.

I suppose it’s possible that honoring and defending his f-bombs is just fun or tongue-in-cheek. If it’s serious I find it lacking in many ways. Please understand… for me it’s not so much the word itself but the finger at nose-fingers wagging in your face quality of the behavior that I found lacking. My farts at dinner description sums up my take on it.

1 Like

[quote=“Midlife, post:345, topic:2093”]
What I do find annoying is people demeaning others who respond to posts
[/quote]You mean like this?

5 Likes

[quote=“bulavinaka, post:340, topic:2093, full:true”]
“Accidental Courtesy” [/quote]I see why you recommended it for this thread. I watched it tonight and will probably watch it again tomorrow. And this is not necessarily why I loved it, but there were some unexpected parallels in Daryl’s upbringing and mine. This is why I call you the oracle.

1 Like

I suppose it’s possible to interpret anything in any way you wish. If it works for you… carry on.

2 Likes

Glad you you enjoyed it. The documentary truly covers a social topic that’s older than the Bible, and has never been more pertinent than now. It really should be high on everyone’s list. It gave me a different perspective on this issue. More importantly, it’s given me something to strive for - I’ll try.

1 Like

Very true. He’s an ordinary man doing a pretty extraordinary thing, and not for the sake of controversy or entertainment.

We recently hosted a small, informal meet-and-greet at our house for a congresswoman. She was addressing folks’ fears and giving info. on how to get active and involved. She said, you first have to take care of yourself (rejuvenate); take a break from stuff that is causing fear and fatigue… like 24hr CNN :smile:.

It really does give you something to strive for. I’ll try too.

Oh and on a food note: We served finger sandwiches, fruit and cookies :relaxed:.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Indeed