30th Birthday brunch recs

I live so close yet have not gone yet. Might be the time actually. Thank you!

1 Like

Wasn’t really a suggestion, lol, but since we were on the subject of brunches… thought I’d ask. :slight_smile:

Depending on your crew, Elephante may be something to look at.

1 Like

She is on the bougie side. I have it on my lists of spots.

I was bemoaning my friend’s choice of Elephante for our end-of-the-year dinner.

However, the people watching was quite delicious indeed.

You mentioned Suprerbowl Sunday and brunch. Were you looking for a sports bar & planning on watching the game as well? I imagine most places would be noisey. Not a sports fan, and don’t go out for brunch very often. What are her favorite foods/cuisines?
Speaking of a view, Yamashiro comes to mind.

Killer Shrimp in the Marina
The Smoke House

We will not be going for the game. Planning around 11:30, game isnt until 3:30. Really open to all cuisines not a picky group of people we are going with. Smoke house? For 30th birthday? Maybe 75th…

1 Like

auburn for brunch!!

The Smokehouse is only good for the cheese bread and some soup. I wouldn’t go out of my way to visit it.

This doesn’t really hit for the “better food” option but you really really can’t beat having your toes in the sand at Back on the Beach Cafe (obviously keep eye on the weather forecast, but if it’s nice out then it’s great for visitors)

I also mentioned two other places, besides the Smoke House. However, I do like their prime rib and garlic bread. I’ve heard that their brunch is excellent.

1 Like

You’re in luck…maybe not relevant to this post, but Dekkadance is on the DineLA list for the winter session starting today.

2 Likes