99 Ranch Market & Asian Food Court Coming to Westwood

I love that 99 Ranch! But I only discovered it this past year.

It’s going to happen ‘cuz they’re hiring

https://www.99ranch.com/jobs/99-ranch-market-is-now-hiring-management-trainees-in-westwood-誠徵-99-大華超級市場洛杉磯-westwood-新店

I’m giddy with excitement!

11 Likes

So awesome! They are going to be slammed

I drive by there about 3 times a week and keep looking for any changes to the location and so far not much. Glad to hear the project is moving forward. The westside is lacking Chinese grocery stores. The nearest one is in Van Nuys.

2 Likes

updates on Westwood courtesy of LA Taco
yet-to-be-named restaurant and 44-seat outdoor dining area on its upper floor.
alcohol license as well

9 Likes

While we continue to wait for our Westwood 99 Ranch… Mitsuwa is opening in the Valley on Tampa! It’s quite the get!

11 Likes

Signage is up…

16 Likes

Inside was lit up tonight. I was driving by (didn’t stop), but it seems that all the “stalls” are in place (and maybe just waiting for stock + employees)?

2 Likes

estimated to open Feb 2023

4 Likes

Just realized that, when I said “stalls,” I might’ve used a confusing term. I saw areas like the “Bakery” w/ lighting, but I didn’t see shelves. So at least some of the depts are demarcated.

Sorry about that.

1 Like

Any asian supermarket on the westside is a get because now you have actual choices in buying fish beyond tilapia and salmon.

There are plenty of Asian markets on the westside mostly (but not entirely) Japanese. But if you want Chinese ingredients you got to go Van Nuys. This market will be busy from the jump. I don’t remember that parking lot with fondness from when it was a bookstore, but I’ll be there early on anyway.

Drove by it on the way back from the basketball game last night. Looks pretty gleaming and ready to go, though the shelves are empty.

3 Likes

Nice Bruin win last evening.

3 Likes

It’s fun being good again and seeing the student section packed to the rafters.

Need to get some better food trucks at Pauley though

5 Likes

Tru dat. #GoBruins

2 Likes

Parents gave me a scallion pancake from the 99 Ranch near them (San Gabriel) this weekend. Can’t wait to have pre-made scallion pancakes closer to me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Peeked in the window yesterday. Looks like they’re laying floor tile.

I work up the street from the new store, and walk by it every day during my lunchtime walks. It seems they’ve been in the same state for the past few months. Shelves are up but nothing since October. Last Friday I saw a few workers bringing in some boards. Their progress seems very slow and goes in spurts.

6 Likes

Progress…

9 Likes