99 Ranch Market & Asian Food Court Coming to Westwood

Buildout is coming along. I worry more about the H.R. side of things for this location…

7 Likes

I went by today. They are finally having a job fair and taking applications onsite now until Friday June 23. Pay is $18-19/ hour. Dare we dream this place will finally open? The inside looks the same as it did in October though.

6 Likes

I’m not holding my breath…

Really, why?
You are more than qualified for the seafood department.
I didn’t know you had even applied for a job.

8 Likes

嗨呀…

Progress report:

• Minor improvements to exterior
  • Inside is somewhat cleaned up
  • Shelves still bare.
2 Likes

Will the Westwood 99 Ranch finally open before or after the completion of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona?

12 Likes

Or maybe they both never will, always in perpetual construction

6 Likes

Sagrada Familia need to be sponsored like the Cathedral of Barcelona. This was fall of last year.

*sponsored by Samsung

8 Likes

New LAT article. Looks like end of year at the earliest.

A Chinese grocery store opening in West Los Angeles represents a cultural shift

2 Likes

@chandavkl is in the article. Very interesting (brief) history of redlining.

4 Likes

Yeah that was depressing

3 Likes

Wow! I’ve missed checking in on this. Seems like a VERY long time since this was announced. Gotta be a nightmare story.

1 Like

They are beginning to stock the shelves…

10 Likes

Woohooo!!!

UPDATE: Mid-October Grand Open!!! Delays were due to city inspections. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

UPDATE #2: Opening pushed back to early November. There will be a food court, bakery, and fresh-pressed juicery!

10 Likes

I will believe it’s open when I am pointing to the sea creature whose time has come myself.

5 Likes

It’s insane how long it takes for things to get done when the Los Angeles city government is involved. Construction on our church in Los Angeles Chinatown was completed in the fall of 2022. Everybody was hoping that it would open in time for Xmas. Nope, no sign off by city inspectors for the certificate of completion. Well maybe Chinese New Year. Nope. Well now, maybe, almost a year later, assuming the city inspector’s recommendation is approved.

5 Likes

One of the comments here stated Nov. 15th:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FoodLosAngeles/comments/17b7p9n/99_ranch_westwood

1 Like

FINALLY! Grand Opening on 11/29!!!

3 Likes