A Master Class in Exquisite, Wonderful Sushi - Mori Sushi [Thoughts + Pics]

duplicate

14 Likes

Nice pics. North or south of $150 (not including sake)?

Hi @Ns1,

Without the Sake, it was about $220 per person (including tax and generous tip).

Which was far more enjoyable and cheaper than our debacle at Q Sushi in Downtown LA last year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best sushi in town.

Thank you for the report!

Heading back myself in a few weeks.

1 Like

What camera or phone did you use to take the pictures? Very good focus and light!

Looks delicious as well :+1:t2:

Great report @Chowseeker1999!

Hi @Porthos,

Nice! Can’t wait to hear what you got to try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @KTLA,

Thanks. The lighting was all Mori Sushi. :slight_smile: The advantages of sitting at their beautiful, clean, and nicely lit sushi bar. The camera was just a simple Nikon my friend gave to me a while ago, nothing fancy.

Great report, where’s the tamago?

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks. :slight_smile: I was ready for their tamago, but then we were so full, and Maru-san just went straight into their trio of desserts (after the Hojicha).

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Did you get to try the Sakura Masu when you went? What did you think? (Or what was your favorite piece of the evening?)

We must have similar tastes because that cherry trout was truly exceptional and one of my favorites along with the clam, scallop, santa barbara uni, sayori, snow crab, mackerel… My least favorite was also the octopus, a little too chewy. The 50 minute massaged octopus I had at jiro’s is still tops on my list.

1 Like

I’ll repost my pics here now that we have a dedicated thread

##Mori
OOE omakase #oneofeverything
The giant clam was so raw it jumped off the shari and tried to eat my gari

9 Likes

Incredible reporting. Nice providing Japanese and English names, as well as the regions.

I’m starting to understand the difference between places like Mori vs. more pedestrian sushi places. The variety of the fish selections is simply outstanding. The technique and firmness of that tofu - which is difficult to achieve with house made - is impressive. It looked perfect.

The work you and other Food Talkers do make it so others can go and order a la carte, knowing the best selections to choose.

Question: Are most of the Omakase selections available on the regular menu (depending on season/availability)?

3 Likes

edited.

4 Likes

Ahhh… The seasonal starters look really nice.

@Chowseeker1999 - I forgot to give you a shout-out about your historical reporting, including the morsel about the porcelain dishes. Fabulous.

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Nice! :slight_smile: Yah loved the Sakura Masu. Lucky that you got Scallops on your visit; I was craving some Scallops but it wasn’t on the menu for our visit.

/jealous of your visit to Jiro’s! I wish I can visit one day. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @TheCookie,

Thanks! :slight_smile: @Porthos answered it already, but yes, you can usually order pretty much everything a la carte. The only thing is that you might not know what’s rare / just flown in, but I think you can ask the waitress to ask the sushi chefs.

1 Like

Thanks - fantastic report and pictures! Were you there on Friday? We were there that night! Also had to request two servings of the sakura masu :wink: