Amazon Fresh Store

Tried out the Amazon Fresh Store in Fullerton. Overall it was a positive experience but can’t see using it regularly.

It had a strange feeling like a knock off Whole Foods. Not well lit, so spacious it felt empty and lots of empty slots on the shelf. This could wind up a positive if there were actually customers but since the employees outnumbered the customers it seemed strange. Also prices were not low. Basically in line with Albertsons/ Ralph’s, etc but didn’t see much on sale. Cheerios were more than any regular store and didn’t see anythingon sale.

However, the meat and fish looked nicer than most of the stores around here. On par with Sprouts much better selection and some standouts like Nueske Bacon or a nice looking tomahawk ribeye.

There was a lot of the 365 brand and the Amazon good belly brand that were priced competitively including some good deals like the frozen spinach and frozen kale.

Deli was Deitz and Watson cold cuts but cold case had some interesting upscale meats and cheese that seems to overlap with WF. Large selection of grab and go that was in between what you would get at Bristol Farms or WF and a regular chain. Some of it looked decent.

Will have to go back for pizza. Looked very similar to what they have at WF with a thin crust and some nice looking toppings. At 8.99 a pie it seems like an excellent deal.

If I lived close and the parking wasn’t Trader Joe’s level apocalyptic I would probably shop there regularly but it was not cheap enough for the staples and didn’t have a big enough selection of the nicer items to do my regular shopping there.

Also, I missed the cart that scans as you go which was one of the main things I wanted to see!

4 Likes

I had a very similar experience. The smart carts were not by the door, and I only saw them too late - as I was checking out. The store had a sterile, cold feel. Selection was limited. I was excited about trying it, but not sure I’ll go back.

2 Likes

Well I was not expecting to be in one of these again…

But it was Prime Day…. And in addition to a $20 off of $40 coupon they had crazy deals like this…

Buy one get one free bacon, an additional 20% off prime members…. I am was kinda happy there was a line because it kinda helped the store from being too too crowded or out of control. The line also wasn’t that long a wait. About 10 minutes.

I had a feeling things were going to kinda busy so I actually showed up later in the day. I was actually expecting more of a mess. But things were still in stock and I was able to get all the items on my list.

Still the staff was WEARY. So be patient and nice if you want to take part of these special deals. And if you want to skip this week…. The mailer this week has a $10 off $50 for next week….

—Dommy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Dommy We got eight packs of bacon and some snacks and sandwiches :grin:

2 Likes

HA! I told my friends I went for Beef, Bacon and Cheese… As you can see, I ended up with a bit more than that… Glad your trip was a success…

–Dommy!

1 Like

The one by me is still out of eggs, milk and unpeppered bacon!

1 Like

HA!!! The stock in my Amazon Fresh (Ladera) has always been in a constant state of inconsistency. Especially in the Dairy section as items in the chiller would go straight into the hands of the delivery shoppers before hitting the racks. I noticed it even worse before Prime day, especially since my store does a high volume of delivery, I would expect it to continue as folks increasingly get felled by Ba5…

I got a $20 off $50 coupon after signing up for their emails.

The La Verne store was giving away these free bags to promote the new LotR series.

I tried their pizza for the first time, not bad, pretty comparable to Costco’s. Some people seem to think Amazon’s is better.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting coupons for free food in the “in store” part of the Amazon Fresh/Amazon app. I redeemed the stuff below today. In my experience, the coupons usually show up around nighttime and they usually disappear the next morning/afternoon even if the expiration date is days/weeks away. The tzatziki coupon was there for a couple weeks though. I also got 2-3 coupons for sandwiches in the past but wasn’t able to redeem in time.

2 Likes

It’s like the Sephora Sale… on FOOD! This week… 20% off $50 if you are a prime member!

4 Likes

Prime Day is coming!!!

No massive bacon deals… but the $5 pack of Chicken Wings is a great deal. I actually bought them in the past and they air dry perfectly for at home crispy chicken wings. And 25% off of $50! coupon.

3 Likes

There’s a code FRESHSAVE20 for $20 off $100 store pickup or delivery valid until end of Prime Day today. We ordered a bunch of BOGO promo items like soda, bread, salmon to get up to $100. It basically cut 50% off at checkout for the BOGO, then another $20 from the code so total order was $33. Saw this on Slickdeals.

3 Likes