Angler - Beverly Center

Makes some sense, two very labor intensive dishes that are hard to charge a lot for. Which is a shame because they’re so good. Looks like they brought over the oysters and collar from the SF one though. I’m curious if they kept the tanks for live seafood. You can’t see them in any of the photo angles.

4 Likes

Wonder if the splash zone is being sacrificed for the La Cienega entrance…

the pr photos show a bluish tint reflecting off the chairs facing the would be tanks, so I think they’re still there.

17 Likes

Inspector Porky on the case!

19 Likes

Looks like they are still creating simple sounding but highly refined dishes

5 Likes

Looks like Colette’s stuffed sticky rice wings! But honestly I didn’t know what a capon was til now…yikes :sweat_smile:

Now I’m curious if they source only wings or get the castrated :chicken: and what they do with the rest of it.

6 Likes

This article is fascinating.

4 Likes

so…where can we buy capon to cook at home?

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve seen it in the freezer of goodies at Vicente Foods in B’wood as well as at Puritan Poultry at the Original Farmer’s Market

2 Likes

epicurus

1 Like

You might try some of the better Kosher butcher shops.

1 Like

Just was at VF so i checked

7 Likes

tanks confirmed

Chung thinks a lot about seaweed, so he plans to grow some at Angler. He’s happy to explain how this is going to happen, right down to the pinholes in one of the seafood tanks at the restaurant and the circulatory current he can create there.

2 Likes

so other than the wing dish… not sure what else is a standout? the wing sounds very tasty though.

So who’s going tonight to check out the new menu? @PorkyBelly ? @J_L ?

review forthcoming

4 Likes

Went last night. Will post a few thoughts later.

4 Likes

prices

3 Likes

OOE cold and hot appetizer + bread for $317

1 Like

More like $200? if I do the math right.