Angler - Beverly Center

In previous years it was the 101 best, in order, so being #1 or in the top 10 or 20 was a big deal.

This year it’s alphabetical with no numbers.

What/who does their corruption serve?

2 Likes

the man

3 Likes

All in the name of paid bread!

6 Likes

Y’all need to distinguish between CARBS and BREAD.

The perfect carb is that delicious pancake

The Parker House Rolls and butter are pretty damn fantastic.

1 Like

I will try it (maybe).

I trust Angler’s bread a LOT more than some other highly disappointing restaurants as we’ve discussed. I won’t name names but we all know what they are.

I wouldn’t pay a dime for damn bread.

4 Likes

Nothing worse than untrustworthy bread.

1 Like

Angler bread >>> Girl goat bread >>> majordomo bread

Warrior: I adore olive oil and I used to consider olive oil superior to butter for pairing with bread, but now I think butter is better due to its rich flavor and texture, especially with the best breads, which are sourdough breads.

angler parker house rolls $12
comparing and ranking it the best without even tasting it, priceless.

10 Likes

Addison gave Angler a very positive review in 2019 and ranked it #51 on the last 101.

The obvious explanation for his dropping it from this year’s list is that as part of his effort to “capture … the overall breadth and spirit of dining in L.A.” he included only ten $$$$ places. There were 14 $$$$ places on the 2019 list and 11 of them ranked higher than Angler.

You might disagree that there are ten $$$$ places in LA that are better than Angler, but Addison has actually eaten at all of them more than once.

That’s a preposterously false summary of posts here about Antico.

2 Likes

Lived up to all the hype. Would have been happy with all vegetables meal, it was that well executed.

Happy now? @PorkyBelly. Also got some oysters too but forgot to take photos. But the condiments were so refined and delicious

19 Likes

The radicchio, beet, and Parker House rolls with the bespoke butter are the most interesting dishes I’ve had there.

To me the weakest thing about Angler is how focused the menu is on signature dishes. I could eat those rolls any time but after having the beet and radicchio twice I don’t know if I’ll want them again. And most of the other signature dishes I’ve tried, once was enough.

1 Like

no radicchio or sundae? for shame!

10 Likes

Was the tonburi (?) on the menu?

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes