Any favorites in National Harbor?

I’ll be at a conference at the Gaylord next week, and will probably get away from the hotel for a meal or two. Anything worthwhile? I’ve checked some menus, and mostly see a lot of pub food. Any cuisine is OK, but I’d love some good seafood. Comfort food would be nice too. I’ve been to Nando’s, which is fine for what it is, but I’d like to try something different.

Wow, not much near the convention center that I know of unless you’re willing to cross the Potomac to Alexandria.

If you are, then consider Columbia Firehouse (good raw bar and cocktail offerings) or Vola’s (good fish and chips and lobster rolls) or Magnolia’s for their very very good BBQ pulled duck and beef cheek and sweet potatoes, which to me is always very comforting when away from home and amidst Beltway wanna-be powerplayers.

Thanks for the tips Ipse. I’ve actually been to Columbia and really liked it. I also enjoyed The Wharf (also in Old Town, on King). Magnolia’s looks great too. However, I’m hoping to avoid going across the river, especially since the water taxi is not running this time of year. Looks unavoidable, although in Nat. Harbor itself, it appears that the execrable McCormick & Schmicks has been replaced by, well, a smaller chain (McLoone’s), whose menu looks promising.

Old Town is charming, isn’t it?