Any Recommended Gluten-Free, Vegan Cupcakes, Pastries?

Hola,

My friend’s Birthday is coming up, but with her dietary restrictions it can be challenging to treat her to some tasty treats.

Does anyone have a recommendation for places around LA that makes delicious Gluten-Free, Vegan Cupcakes or Pastries?

TIA! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about gluten-free, but Jamaica’s Cakes has very good vegan cakes, cupcakes and goodies.

2 Likes

Probably too far for you, Kirari West Bake Shop in Redondo Beach is absolutely gluten free, and they have quite a few vegan offerings. Their pastries ranges from good to very good. Try their breakfast sandwich if you are there.

2 Likes

How about frozen treats?

If that’s an option, I would highly recommend By Chloe, which makes a very awesome selection of gluten-free, vegan and kosher ice creams. And for what it’s worth, their entire menu is 100% vegan.

I have yet to try them in LA, but all the flavors I’ve tried in Manhattan were fabulous.

1 Like

Huckleberry and Milo and Olive have a nice selection of GF pastries.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. Very helpful!

@ipsedixit very cool. If you’re saying their frozen treats are great, I can’t wait to try By Chloe. High praise, and it happens to be vegan, gluten-free and kosher? Cool. :slight_smile:

Just remember, it’s very good vegan frozen treats.

My doctor at Cedars put me on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet for a few years, so I explored a lot of bakeries that fit into this parameter. My favorite is Clara Cakes, a vegan bakery run by a very talented teen baker. I really loved her lemon-blueberry cupcake. You can try her gluten-free, vegan cupcakes at Azla Vegan and Pizzanista. While her baked good are not specifically gluten-free, you can request this dietary need.

Clara Cakes
Orders can be placed at info@claracakes.com or by calling (213) 880-CAKE aka (213) 880-2253.
menu — Clara Cakes
Orders are picked up at her home in Atwater Village

Breakaway Bakery is a pretty good gluten-free, kosher bakery, and they have some vegan options. They are closed on Saturdays.

Breakaway Bakery
5264 W. Pico Blvd. LA, CA 90019
Phone: (310) 968-9380
breakawaybakery[@]gmail.com
Welcome breakawaybakery.com - BlueHost.com

I’m not a fan of Erin McKenna’s Bakery (formerly Babycakes) on Larchmont. It’s very old-school gluten-free, as their baked goods are very dense with excruciatingly sweet, thick frosting.

This is a little off-piste, but I like the raw, vegan, gluten-free cheesecakes from Earth Cafe, particularly the blueberry flavor. You can buy individual slices at Whole Foods or Erewhon. Whole cheesecakes can be ordered here:

Earth Cafe
https://earthcafetogo.com/shop?main_page=index&cPath=1

Good luck in finding a suitable treat for your friend. I might suggest trying cupcakes/slices from these bakeries before you buy an entire cake or a tray of cupcakes.

1 Like