Any updates for Maui?

Finally heading back to Maui in 6 weeks. I know most people have not been within the last year. Any updates pre that time? Finally going with friends and not family so eating is my #1 this trip. Nothing on this board been updated since 2018!

any updates? @foodie4life how was your trip?

Ugh… been meaning to post on here. It was incredible of course. Not long enough. 11th trip to maui and finally did the road to Hana. Worth it, but needed another couples days extra to make up for the whole day out on the road. Stayed in Kihei so most meals on that side of the Island
First stop- Foodland- $300 later for snacks,booze, and poke
Monday night- Paia Fish company in In Kihei, simple but fresh fish, nothing fancy but great first meal
Tuesday night- Tommy Bahama in Wailea- Great drinks, food is always solid and an easy reservation
Wednesday- Hana day, had sushi at a local spot in Kihei, it was tasty but not worth going back
Thursday- Went to Lahaina had reservations at Star Noodle. Also never have been. WOW what a meal. The best cocktail i have ever had. Had a bunch of the menu and shared it with my party of 4.
Friday- Lineage over at Wailea. Thought chef Simon was still the executive chef, but read he departed a ways back. But kept the reservation. It was fantastic meal as well.

I will post pictures soon. Any questions about specific restaurants and what we had, I can be happy to share,

One breakfast at Kihei cafe, line was just crazy every day. Nalus for another breakfast and it was really delicious too! Cinnamon rolls one morning from the place on Kihei rd.

3 Likes

Huihui at The Kaanapali Beach Hotel was my best meal in 11/21. Beautiful space as well. Dukes is always a reliable choice too.