Anyone have a delish Brussel Sprouts Recipe?

preferably a casserole of some sort. thanks

Wouldn’t a casserole presuppose overcooked which IMO is totally gross.

Cut in half, toss with oil and seasonings, and roast on a sheet pan like root vegetables.

1 Like

I’m sick of that. I got a big costco bag. Need to do something else.

Agree. I’ve yet to find a ‘style’ that I can barely tolerate but roasting would be my way to go.

was thinking of something like this.

deep fry them

2 Likes

That is unbeatable.

How about a frittata or quiche

Pay wall so can’t see.

I’ve made this salad a few times and enjoyed it.

1 Like

Don’t remember where I saved this recipe from! but it’s good

------ Quote----------------
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chili Caramel

This is a fantastic recipe that brings together the flavors of South East Asia- sweet, sour, salty, and spicy. The ingredients may look a little exotic but they are all affordable and can hopefully make their way into more of your creative cooking. I know that the fish sauce smells awful but you have to trust me on this one!

You will need a sugar thermometer to check the temperature of the sugar while it is cooking which can be found at any kitchen supply store. The chili caramel can be made well in advance and any leftover can be used on grilled pork or chicken for something new and different.

Makes enough for 6-8 guests
Chili Caramel: This makes a little less than one cup so enough for now and some for later
200g (7 ounces) palm sugar
¾ cup water
3 large red chilies- sliced into thin rounds, with seeds
30g (2 Tablespoons) fresh lime juice
30g (2 tablespoons) fish sauce (can substitute soy sauce)
1/2 bunch cilantro, finely minced- stems and all
1 Tablespoon white miso

• Combine the chili, lime juice and fish sauce in a bowl and set aside
• Place the palm sugar and water into pot, place on high heat and bring it up to a boil.
• Lower the temperature slightly and simmer until a dark caramel is achieved- caramel should be at 310 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Add the chili, lime juice and fish sauce
• Simmer for a few minutes to dissolve the caramel.
• Remove from the heat. At this point you can store this sauce at room temperature indefinitely.
• When you are ready to finish the sauce add in the miso, chopped cilantro and reseason with fish sauce and lime juice to adjust sweet/salty taste if needed.

To Serve:
2 lbs Brussels sprouts
½ cup Olive oil
2 teaspoons salt

• Preheat your oven to 400
• Cut the Brussels sprouts in quarters lengthwise and remove any dark outer leaves (these tend to be tough and bitter)
• Place the Brussels sprouts in a bowl and toss with a good amount of olive oil and season with salt
• Place the sprouts, cut side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. The outer leaves should get quite dark brown – this is good!
• Put the Brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl, add some chili caramel, and toss to coat the sprouts.
• Place the roasted sprouts in a serving vessel and serve immediately.
• Enjoy!

4 Likes

I like that salad a lot. Just took it to a potluck and it vanished in minutes.This recipe for sprouts roasted with capers, walnuts and anchovies is good, too.

2 Likes

Mmm, Michael Symon recipe. I trust his taste.

Thank you. This was delish!

1 Like

Luke in New Orleans

This is the best Brussels Sprout dish I’ve ever had (aside from @aaqjr’s which I’ve never had :slight_smile:). If anyone can track down the exact recipe let me know!

1 Like

I thought I’d tried every possible BS recipe and still didn’t like them but that shows REAL promise. Hopefully someone will find a recipe.

When doing a search other stuff comes up. This one is really delicious. I think it has fish sauce too. Or maybe I’m confused, it’s been a while. Somewhere I had a sweet, savory Brussels Sprout dish with fish sauce. :relaxed:

Ah fish sauce. One of the most underappreciated things. I’ve added a T or more to many a dish and turned it around.

what is espellete honey?