Backseat moderators, have at it

I don’t know why the above quote just tripped my memory but Peonywarrior reminded me of the suspended account Alkiegourmand (well, the Warrior half was reminiscent, anyway). Not trying to beat a dead horse, this has just been bugging me for some time. I try not to dwell on tiresome internet trolls but I remembered this incredibly fatuous post from Alkiegourmand starting:

The three best cuisines are Japanese, French, and Italian. There is a big dropoff
after that. (Sorry, China.)

And there was the Peonywarrior post from a few months ago ranking cuisines that started the exact same way. Throw in a wine habit, annoying hard opinions, weird classist vibes, unhelpful pandemic thoughts, etc. and either this is the same person or a very similar seeming person. Not sure which option is preferable.

EDIT: Good lord, @hungryhungryhippos already called it two comments ago with a subtlety that whooshed past my head. As far as I know, other people noticed the similarities in the past as well. ANYWAY… I’ll try and leave it there so as not to feed the trolls further.

10 Likes

I was not on this board for that era, alkie, but same person huh…

Dtla, delivery, covid skepticism, “vegan” adjacent, fav coffee verve.

Usual Supsects again

3 Likes

It’s an open secret. Awaiting the next iteration of handle in the not so distant future.

7 Likes

Hah, and I thought I was so smart. Thanks for spelling it out!

4 Likes

Compared with the usual troll who’s looking for someplace to be an asshole, I feel like Warrior’s problem is something like Tourette’s. He’s definitely gotten better.

called him out in the lounge

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/gourmand-the-troll/5552/287?u=porkybelly

@PeonyWarrior == @Alkiegourmand

22 Likes

I cannot take credit Detective @PorkyBelly broke the story for me!

6 Likes

Damn!

Ask for receipts and @PorkyBelly delivers.

8 Likes

Damn Porky! Checkmate.

5 Likes

Didn’t @PorkyBelly also expose chowkiss? @Chowseeker1999 = @exilekiss

9 Likes

I didn’t mind peony warriors comments . I could never figure out who was who . Was this a masked person with two identities.

2 Likes

Combined efforts of a pair and posted accordingly.

3 Likes

I’ve had em on ignore for months. Highly recommend.

6 Likes

I’ve never had any trouble telling Peony from Warrior. Peony’s a relatively normal person who expresses reasonable opinions.

he dropped ftc and ho like a piping hot potato

4 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 he left HO too? Why?

Perhaps he wasn’t too happy that two posters had contrarian views in his thread? He seemingly bolted after and vanished but I don’t have an account there so I can’t really check his last post to verify. @CiaoBob

8 Likes

Wow if those are his reasons for bailing he’s even more thin skinned than he appeared on this board lol

8 Likes

Pure speculation on my part but doesn’t seem too far off?

2 Likes

Probably also waiting for adoring fans to usher him back in or say they miss him.

Now that’s a thirsty fellow.

9 Likes