Bad Saint (Columbia Heights)

Probably talking to myself here, but it’s worth posting about.

Cliff Notes version: Bad Saint rocks.

The long, unabridged Moby Dick version:

• The Kinilaw is probably one of the best tuna poke I’ve had, and also maybe one of the best tuna tartare I’ve had.

• Ginisang Tulya (clams with sausages) is like surf and turf served in a puddle of meth-infused broth. I may never recover.

• Ukoy makes me think that the Jews got the latkes thing all wrong, especially if they were kosher.

• Beef Tapa may have been the one (sort of) downer in the meal as the beef was a bit dry, but the tangy, garlicky bite to the beef paired with a coddled, soft-boiled egg, and the garlic rice nearly made up for all of the beef’s brittle shortcomings.

Bad Saint
3226 11th St., NW
Washington DC

2 Likes

This board is . . . not super active.
But I remain hopeful.
Let’s say I show up at Bad Saint at 9PM on a Saturday. Am I even getting in before they close? I’ll be by myself or maybe I’ll have a dining partner if I can convince them to wait in line.

I’ve only been once, but 2 of us lined up about 1.5 hours before opening on a Friday night and we didn’t get seated right away so had to come back 1.5 hours later. I’d say alone you might get lucky but with 2 people no way. [This was 2 years ago though]. It’s super small inside.

Good intel. I’m going to try to get there at about opening to put our names down.
We’ll be able to get back to the restaurant at 8:45-9. Perhaps we’ll get lucky! Or maybe they’ll pass us over entirely.

Side note: since this board is super slow I’ll ask here. Any recs for a higher end meal (think expense account) for 5 people in a Friday? Tried Komi, but they don’t do parties larger than 4. Any thoughts would be appreciated.