Batterfish, Encino—fine fish 'n' chips

lots of articles on how US lobbyists for our catfish people generated an issue too…have a hard time thinking drydock would sell crap but im investigating and looking further into it – I appreciate the caution and response

From Eater LA a while back…

goddamnit, closing up shop and becoming a food truck primarily serving SM

3 Likes

:scream:

Tragic news. But not unexpected, given how bad traffic is in that area.

Parking was also really limited, and it always felt like a hassle.

Hopefully he chooses a good spot with easy access / parking.

3 Likes

Makes a ton of sense, IMHO. That area of Encino is pretty dead at night. So he’s effectively trying to make a profit off of a mainly lunch crowd. Heading to SaMo (which is close to where Bar Food is located) helps him to centralize things (himself) a bit. There’s lots of food trucks along Wilshire in Brentwood around lunch. And, as the article says, he can hit a lot of tourists all day long in SaMo…

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree!!!

I’m in SM a lot so hopefully I’ll get to have his awesome grub more often.

2 Likes

He should be a big hit in Santa Monica. Keep in mind there is a lot of expats in that area. Tourists, locals, UCLA/City College students, and expats…sounds good to me!

Can’t wait to try it, thank you Expo Line.,

just read that it’s closing.

He should park in front of King’s Head. he’d be doing the patrons there a favor (though I guess his are Irish)

2 Likes

Very smart move on his part. That particular location in Encino doesn’t serve the product well. He’s much better off in a prime location. And since the concept is so simple he can basically park on the street and make loads more money without as much overhead.

2 Likes

He should also make sure the same product(s) are available at Bar Food. The fish n chips there bear no resemblance to what he makes at Batterfish…

1 Like

Anyone here ever had Slapfish to compare to Batterfish?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BatterFishLA/status/763853619888201728

Santa Monica! Thank you Expo Line