Bazaar Meat

No, I was just seeing more an outdoor market in a semi-arid or arid climate, no flies.

I was also thinking of Schwartz’s in Montreal.

1 Like

Looks like next year…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzXPFmARK13/?igshid=MTMzbDE0NGFkbHJ2MA==

3 Likes

Funny timing. I ate at Bazaar Meat in Vegas a week ago and asked my server about the LA location and she told me 2024. I quite enjoyed my meal, although I thought the steak I ordered was the weakest part. Maybe the other large format meats (whole pig?) are better.

I wasn’t a foodie when the original Bazaar first opened in LA, but my perception at the time was that it was the coolest most adventurous restaurant in the city. Was it viewed that way by foodies and critics, or was I just oblivious back then?

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but it was probably one of the only ones doing molecular gastronomy in LA before Ink eventually opened up.

2 Likes

I was not a foodie back then either - the original Bazaar at the SLS hotel was a revelation for me, one of the places that liberated my inner gourmand.

2 Likes

yes - so cool that they had two restaurants in one - the molecular side with one menu and the classics side with another menu - though you could order from either menu on either side.
Also we had xero higher end Spanish cooking prior to Bazaar at the SLS.

1 Like