Belcampo mislabeled meat scandal

Some one-star reviews on Yelp.

Lol hadn’t thought of yelp

I have just had the chicken. Brought from the source . I pounded it out for picatta . A little dry . Benefit of the doubt . I’m not a fan of chicken boobs . Still good

2 Likes

Belcampo doesn’t raise chickens.

2 Likes

So they sourced it from somewhere. The label says Belcampo.

Well, that’s been part of the scandal, yes?

2 Likes

that update response is still full of BS jargon from PR or law firm. We audited ourselves and found the problem (rogue employees at SM), nothing else to see here…

it looks like they’ll be able to sweep it under rug and go on with business as usual.

1 Like

It’s on the webpage y’all

https://belcampo.com/products/organic-chicken-breast-bnls-sknlss

If it’s on their web site, it must be true.

$17.30 / lb. for organic skinless boneless chicken breast? Cream Co. charges $12.

I mean it says very clearly it’s not from Belcampo so the point about Belcampo not raising chickens seems kind of moot :man_shrugging:

From what @Emglow101 said, the labeling wasn’t that clear. Was it mail-order?

Given that as noted in post #85 above Belcampo continued promoting their own chickens after they stopped raising them, I don’t think it will be moot for quite a while.

1 Like

Do we know when the webpage was updated?

These came from the plant in yreka
I know someone who works there .

Belcampo sure is acting more like a distributor these days.

1 Like

Were the chickens slaughtered there?

No transparency whatsoever on that package. Organic? Local? Pastured? All we know is that it’s from somewhere in the US.

2 Likes

I have no idea . I don’t really care. They were given to me . Unless you are harvesting your own food . This is what we deal with. And could you really tell the difference. I doubt it .

Well it seems that you have a connection that almost nobody else has. Pretty sure the customers shopping at the stores care otherwise why would they even step foot into Belcampo?

2 Likes

I dont really care .Again . The small market where I shop gets way better meats. Personally I think belcampo is a joke .

Do they really care or are they just pretending to care? Because if people are saying Belcampo is busy that’s pretty surprising

1 Like

If you judge base on their IG, majority of people are actually thanking Belcampo for their response to this whole fiasco, which is beyond disbelief. Only few hardcore meat industry folks are still beating the drum for more accountability.

2 Likes