Best Bites LA

#Status kuo

shrimp and pork stuffed squash blossoms
These were a winner, perfectly crisped squash blossoms stuffed with ground shrimp and pork. They reminded me of a better version of stuffed peppers or eggplant you find at dim sum restaurants.

5 Likes

We went during the week for dinner. While we enjoyed it, we felt the portion sizes were pretty dinky. I was also hoping for for more beers on tap. But I’m glad to see them pretty busy on a week night.

I knew I saw you in there on Friday night!

haha

I bet you don’t know what I look like, but we dine at the same places accidentally somewhat frequently =)

1 Like

How did you like it?
Say hi next time - I won’t bite.

I’ve written about Shibumi several times already. I pop in just to drink pretty often too. I was just grabbing a cocktail post-LASA haha

Next time for sure :wink:

Apparently you have Shibumi - First Impressions
I read that but forgot it was you.
I can’t give everything “two thumbs” up, but I love what they are doing. And it was mostly excellent. Interesting beer list.

…and you said you don’t give good descriptions.

Talk about “dedicated threads”. I think “PorkBelly” should have his own dedicated thread.

1 Like

[quote=“Aesthete, post:108, topic:3413”]
I bet you don’t know what I look like,
[/quote]I do. You described yourself in a post. We could make it like a FTC treasure hunt. Find the post where Aesthete describes himself.

That might’ve been a false flag…but I also don’t really recall doing it lol

Bob is very distinctive looking in comparison.

Well then, you should join the treasure hunt to find the post too.

Good luck!

1 Like

#Bestia

Mussels and Clams. housemade spicy 'nduja sausage. fennel seed. preserved orange. grilled bread. #qpr.

Spaghetti Rustichella. sea urchin. garlic. calabrian chilies. squid ink bottarga. thai basil. #makingamericasafeagain

#Magpies
I hate when I’m driving home from dinner and my car drives to magpies instead. :oncoming_automobile: :icecream:#thingsihate

strawberry cheesecake and sweet cream swirl. chocolate covered honeycomb, salted caramel sauce

4 Likes

In light of recent occurrences, I’d say this “bro map” you posted is pretty accurate. Very clever.

4 Likes

#Hatchet hall

game hen, pan drippings, grilled bread, lemon, herbs
This looks so fucking simple but was so moist, tender and flavorful. Perfect.

8 Likes

[quote=“PorkyBelly, post:120, topic:3413”]
game hen, pan drippings, grilled bread, lemon, herbs. This looks so fucking simple but was so moist, tender and flavorful. Perfect.
[/quote]That is so up my alley.

I think you would love it.

1 Like

speaking of Hatchet Hall where did @Aesthete disappear too?

@PorkyBelly when were you at the Hall?

i was there saturday on the patio.