Best bread in a restaurant?

This might belong in drunk stoned and hungry but the cheddar bay biscuits at red lobster are amazeballs

5 Likes

Highest QPR in this thread. I guarantee it.

10 Likes

What are we looking at here?

1 Like

The complimentary bread from Larsen’s Woodland Hills comes with a trio side of butter, balsamic vinegar/olive oil and ??? builds up your appetite. Likewise the Focaccia bread from Chi Spacca is worth a drive.

1 Like

The Sfincione at Felix and the Focaccia di Recco at chi SPACCA are excellent as well.

5 Likes

Wild guess - Papa John’s cheese bread.

I really enjoy the baguette at Little Sister/Blue Gold.

1 Like

All the many Bavel breads are insane. The house rolls at Hatchet Hall. This may be controversial but when they first started out I loved the flatbread at Dune, gone downhill a little bit but I still like it quite a lot when it’s fresh.

4 Likes

Also the hatchet hall cast iron corn bread

2 Likes

Close… Little Cesar’s Crazy Bread. The magic is mixing as many parmesan packets into the sauce cups… I haven’t had it in a good 15 years… although… Every now and then I threaten hubs with bringing some home… LOL!

11 Likes

One of the greatest values in the city for devoted carb lovers.

1 Like

Dommy you a real one.

7 Likes

Some of my absolute favorites…

bread cart - Guy Savoy Las Vegas

cheese puffs - CUT

some sorta buttery bread - Eleven Madison Park

parker house rolls - Angler LA

brioche - Atelier Crenn

focaccia di recco - Chi Spacca

baguette - Republique

baked barbecued pork buns with pine nuts - Lung King Heen
this one’s a little bit of stretch…i know

bread basket - L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon Hong Kong

bread cart - Robuchon au Dôme

bread cart - Joel Robuchon

sourdough brioche - The French Laundry

bitter cocoa laminated cornucopia brioche - The French Laundry

barish farmhouse roll - The Barish
stole this picture from @PorkyBelly :poop:
817dd90deca3df13efa743b188309dd3a89afa2d_2_666x500

hokkaido uni brioche toast with black truffle - Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare

hokkaido uni, sourdough bread, brown butter, soy - Saison

bacon brioche - Providence
they stopped making this years ago and i don’t even have a picture of it :poop:

15 Likes

@moonboy403 ‘s bread game is strong! Inquiring minds would like to know…do you have an all-time favorite bread?

2 Likes

Picking Saison or Chef’s Table would be cheating…

I’m gonna go with the brioche loaf at Atelier Crenn. It came out pipin’ hot like most of the other bread on this list but its crisp crust, impossibly buttery flavor, and soft & fluffy interior that tears into wispy strands won out for me. One can argue that it was used to hide the lack of portions in a menu though!

4 Likes

Have to admit that love this one, and it’s a guilty pleasure…

2 Likes

I will out my age and pedestrian tastes. The garlic cheese bread at the Smokehouse in Burbank is great and hits some undefinable spot. Unnaturally atomic yellow and delicious. The cheese bread at Northwoods Inn and all the Clearmans places. I don’t want to know what it is made of, but it is delicious. Craft has always had amazing breads. For years they had a special Pumpernickel variation supplied by La Brea Bakery that was fantastic, and you could get by special order at the bakery with a minimum 2 pound order, but alas that is gone. Their breads remain solid however. The breads at Hatchet Hall are always interesting, but the fantastic breads and butter at Republique and Bicyclette remain the gold standard, and worth the $$$.

8 Likes

3 more to add to the list
Mastros pretzel roll
Cheesecake Factory brown bread
Bread basket at Scarpetta RIP

6 Likes

You know they now sell the mix at regular grocery stores, right?

Even better, the mix, so far as I can tell, is just Bisquick mix with little chunks of cheddar thrown in, and brushed with butter and garlic powder.

But yeah, cheap as they are, they’re weirdly awesome.

kinda like Jack in the Box tacos… ok, maybe not THAT bad.

2 Likes

Their stromboli is indeed lovely. Why the RIP? You can still get them in Vegas?

1 Like