Best bread in a restaurant?

Not at all LOL

but speaking of bread. The bing at Majordomo <<<<<< the bread on the oysters at Girl and Goat

I’ve never been so underwhelmed and let down by bread in my life since the massively overhyped Bing. Good to see David has found other ways of using carbs - the crispy rice dish looks more up his alley.

Is there any bread from a restaurant that you actually like and think it’s worth the money? That may give people a reference or perspective.

1 Like

The free kind.

Speaking recently, the bread that came along with the seafood stew at Holbox worked perfectly. I love bread, I just don’t think paying for it as a standalone item as is the case with Majordomo OR used to hide the lack of portions in a menu item such as Girl and the Goat is worth it whatsoever.

1 Like

I think we got our perspective.

11 Likes

TBH, I don’t love the bing at Majordomo, either.

I do think, though, that good bread is worth paying for…

6 Likes

Seriously - that’s how you define quality ? That explains a lot.

6 Likes

I totally agree.

I am contemplating getting the bread from Angler which I’ve heard raves about (and love Angler in general), but the bing at Majordomo was supremely medicore. Why people have decided to plant their flag on the… bread at Majordomo is certainly a choice.

you gotta get the bing piping hot :heart_eyes: :heart:

7 Likes

Soft and fluffy :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

2 Likes

My favorite free kind of bread is Sizzler Cheese Toasts

9 Likes

Don’t forget the breadsticks from Olive Garden

4 Likes

Parting gift for everyone.

1 Like

I love parting gifts!

2 Likes

I miss the days when the baguette at Republique was gratis

2 Likes

The bread and butter at Petit Trois was the best I’ve ever had, and quite memorable. IIRC it was free, but I would’ve gladly paid for it.

4 Likes

Buckwheat sourdough bread at Bavel is pretty great! During covid they were selling the whole loaf. I miss that

4 Likes

no longer “free”

https://petittrois.com/menu

3 Likes

Big fan of the free bread at Gwen - goes great with their charcuterie plate.

6 Likes

I never knew they had free baguettes. Still think the free refills are a great value.

3 Likes

Petit Trois (Sherman Oaks): House baguette et beurre Bordier…

Ahgoo’s Kitchen (formerly in El Monte, now Temple City): Da bing (蔥花大餅; green scallion thick bread)…

Angler LA (Beverly Grove): House Parker rolls with cultured butter…

Etta (Culver City): Bing with shrimp…

Shunji Japanese Cuisine (Santa Monica): “Free” toast with ankimo terrine!

Shaherzad (Westwood/Tehrangeles): Persian naan from their own oven…

16 Likes