Best in Thai Town / Little Armenia

holy shit yes, do this. don’t do the oreo though, stick to Nutella. They make them fresh to order.

It’s better for large bowls of light broth soup noodles… you know… for hangovers.

Regarding ponchiki… there’s no way this self respecting Soviet would order anything other than custard filled… (though yea, nutella are dope) but it felt like I was sinning on the motherland when I ate it.

Also, their ponchiks are ONLY good fresh… they go mad stale and chewy real fast

1 Like

100% true, eat it there or don’t bother.

We got a few for my kid’s birthday once… shit show lol. good thing the cake was great (from Lark)

Hi @Nemroz,

Ooh, nice tip. Is Papillion Bakery your fav for ponchiki? Thanks!

1 Like

Is that the kind of strip club where the dancers’ female friends hang out? Like a neo-burlesque sort of scene?

yeah, kinda. it’s a “hipster” strip club. so relatively women “friendly”. lots of tats n piercings. If I wanted a lap dance, no problem…….lol.

no, Ponchik factory is my favorite. But it’s not really something i eat a lot… much prefer to go to Van Bakery and get some fresh pastries like the ‘hedgehog’

1 Like

2nd Pailin Thai for Khao Soi. I get it without chicken - they sub in tofu & veggies. I LOVE IT. at Sapp i really like the Sen Chan Pad Pu - it’s like pad thai but with thinner noodles with crab meat & egg.

2 Likes

Have you tried Spicy BBQ’s Khao Soi.

Agree with Sapp’s Sen Chan Pad Pu, kinda underrated since the other 2 noodle dishes get all the attention.

Spicy BBQ was great. I didn’t find it very spicy.

1 Like

I prefer it to Pailin’s even :slight_smile:

Still love that place. Before we became Pailin obsessed, this is where we went for northern thai.

their grilled meats are really wonderful as is their jackfruit. dont forget to bring some cold brewskis

Glad you enjoyed. Typically that nam prik oom is blazing hot…

My capsicum tolerance is very high.

Sapp #4 boat noodle soup. Fabulous. Plus it’s light enough that I can bang-bang.

8 Likes

Pa Ord (Hobart) #1 tom-yum egg noodles (large, $8.50): great, like a sour version of boat noodles

crispy pork with Chinese broccoli (side dish, $12): great version of this dish, pork was so crisp it was hard to get a fork in it

Mostly Thai customers. Ordered “hot,” both dishes seriously spicy. I’ll be back.

2 Likes

dunno wtf happened to Hoy Ka - while their noodles are still delicious, they have seriously toned down their spice level. I got their hoy ka noodles level 9 and still had to add copius amounts of spice.

I go to pa ord and order “spicy” and end up crying in my noodles.

I went back to Pa Ord on Tuesday after a few years off. really miss it… tom yum was amazing… red seafood flat noodle soup was less amazing.