Best Miso Ramen in L.A.?

Hola,

Had a hankering for great Miso Ramen, but I suddenly blanked out. Does anyone have a recommendation for great Miso Ramen in L.A.?

Tonkotsu (Pork Bone) Ramen has always been the favorite here for many… I remember reading on our old board about some place in Torrance that did a great Miso Ramen, but their chef left and they closed down.

Thanks!

1 Like

Miso ramen write up!! :wink:

I actually like the Santouka one version more than their shio.

Thanks @Porthos. :slightly_smiling:

I forgot but did Kitakata or Ikkousha have Miso Ramen? If they did, how is it?

Looks like Kitakata does have an aburi miso but Ikkousha doesn’t.

I haven’t tried the Kitakata version.

Zetton does a spicy miso tan tan mien that I think is pretty good (not “authentic” in any sense).

Looking forward to the report!

Jinya’s is my current favorite.

Mottainai was awesome until it was no longer awesome.

1 Like

I don’t know if it is the best but I like Kotoya’s on SMB in WLA. Nice gyoza too.

Ramen Omae has a burnt miso ramen that is pretty good. They were closed for some time, but have reopened with a smaller selection.

Best days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Kotoya…

Kosuke’s spicy miso ramen is interesting.

Agree, Mottainai was the best when they first opened. Miss it a lot!!!

Thanks @J_L @CiaoBob.

Just out of curiosity why Tuesday and Wednesday only? Least busy?

Because Sergio.

4 Likes

I think @J_L is yanking our noodle.

I think Tastu did a solid job, nothing I have tried here matches what Mottainai used to put out.

I don’t know about “best” but Chibiscus in Hollywood does a fine miso ramen, spicy and non-spicy versions available.

“Fine” is definitely the word I would use to describe it…

It’s a far cry from Mottainai though and not nearly as dank as the Jinya miso ramen.

Haven’t been to Jinya. Will have to give it a try.

I maintain that jinya is the closest approximation to the OG Mottainai. They just need that magical wok hei butter corn.

Lovely beer selection in Burbank too.

6 Likes