Best NYC pasta place?

Ziggy, Thanks!

My Blog
My Flickr

Even if I had the money (and wasnā€™t on a low-salt diet now), I donā€™t think Iā€™d be capable of eating at Ai Fiori more than once in a day, and I probably wouldnā€™t want to eat there more than at most once a week. When Iā€™ve gone there, Iā€™ve had full-course meals, and that takes a lot of stomach space.

To all: After much debate, and initially thinking I would burn through my $250 open table gift certificate in one meal at Marea, Iā€™ve had a change of plans. Apparently on Mondays after 9, the pastas at Osteria Morini are only 10 dollars?!?!?! As a poor grad student, this is literally the answer to my prayers! And thus I shall have many fine meals there.

Has anybody taken advantage of this deal? Does the quality drop at all?

Thank you all for the suggestions.

1 Like

Sounds like a nice piece!

Do about 10-15 meals/ pasta dishes there and write them up! :wink:

Havenā€™t tried the deal, but you should also consider Osteria Morini for weekday lunch where they have a $29 Pasta Flight, where you get a choice of any three pastas of your choice.

As to the pastas, Iā€™m a big fan of the rabbit ravioli, even though I generally do not like cheese or butter, and especially both together. But for this, I make an exception. Still a rich dish, so I make sure to treat it as an app and share it with someone else.

Yes! And they also have wine deals, though I forget the details. I hope they still have this deal when my blood pressure goes down furtherā€¦