Best Pasta Dishes in Los Angeles

Never saw the gizzard pasta at Sotto. Sounds awesome.

Is that the Lee’s Noodles that opened up in Koreatown a couple months ago?

This post made me thirsty.

2 Likes

Indeed it is. Make sure to get a cup of cappuccino to finish off your meal. As well as a Scottish Egg Korean style at Dok Dok before you head home.

Aye aye, capt’n. Fried chicken any good? I might as well order that too while I’m there.

I have not tried Dok Dok.

For some reason, Korean fried chicken sort of all tastes the same to me. But try it out and then feel free to tell me just how myopically misinformed I am.

Hah, I need to eat my way through some more Korean fried chicken before I can tell anyone what’s up. It will probably be one of the more chicken-forward preparations I will have, with the springy, supple chicken well conveyed, augmented by the presence of crazy sauces on the side while breadcrumbs gave up a much appreciated crunchiness.

2 Likes

That’s on point

You said supple. lol

Ouch

I have always loved the pappardelle with pheasant at Drago Centro.

1 Like

me too:
particularly like

the spaghetti with natto

1 Like

The coffee shop serves ravioli??

Wtf, me either, when is it available??

Holy fuck, yes I have. It seems sappy because it’s a hallmark of horrible chains, and yet something we probably all grew up with around here. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t even known in Italy at all. But holy fuck is that pasta good. Of all the pasta dishes in this city, other than Bucato’s, which are now lost to us, this one is my current favorite. Contrary to Gold’s claims about the pasta being cooked soft, when I had this dish about a month ago it was perfectly al dente, exactly the right amount of chew you’d want with pasta of its type. The sauce perfectly coated it, and was marvelous: spicy, cheesy
 I don’t know, words cannot do the ineffable splendor of it justice somehow. It actually had some heat to it, but it was just fucking fantastic. I still have dreams about this pasta. Go fucking eat it. Now.

Holy hell man, I love that dish, but to describe a plate of literally just bone marrow freshly mixed into a batch of pasta and breadcrumbs as “not overly rich” is unreal
 I mean fuck man, if that ain’t a particularly rich way of starting your meal, what the fuck is? Injecting yourself with lard??

1 Like

Anyone eaten pasta at Osso? I went when they opened and had a simple dish with chicken jus and king oyster mushrooms that was as good as anything at Bestia, but upon returning they were doing other stuff, very elegantly plated, but lacking in the same level of great flavor. But they do make the stuff by hand and sell it cheaper than any of the other places with similar quality of pasta as far as I can tell (like $11-$14 compared to the usual $18-$40 at Bestia, Sotto, Jon & Vinny’s, etc
)

OK you have a point. But for a dish with bone marrow it is less rich than most other preparations since it gets mixed in with the pasta and breadcrumbs. I also generally split the dish 4-5 ways so the portion size is smaller. It’s one delicious.

fwiw, imho, splitting a dish doesn’t make THE DISH “less rich.”
the dish is rich or not.
by splitting it, you just reduce the amount of fat that you PERSONALLY eat.
doesn’t affect THE DISH at all.

1 Like

It seems decidedly richer to me than most preps, which usually involve things like toast and some type of jam, or greens to cut the richness
 pasta is already pretty rich.

But who knows
I’m not that obsessed with bone marrow, like everyone else seems to be, and I still think the Bestia prep is probably my favorite ever, so it’s got something going for it.