Best Pastrami Sandwich ever

There’s a little dive called the Oyster Bar in studio city and on Monday nights only they have
Jeff’s Table making some of the best bar food ever. Pastrami Sandwiches on homemade rye bead with crazy good pastrami!!

4 Likes

I live around the corner. Heard about Jeffs table when i went to Pablitos. I will have to check this out! Thanks.

It’s also a nice spot for cocktails, as they have a pretty good spirits list. It’s owned by the same guy that owns the nearby Flask Fine Wine and Whiskey on Ventura. Plus, the taco tent that sets up shop right outside most of the week does a tasty shrimp taco.

They’re soft opening this weekend in a permanent space on Figueroa in Highland Park - right behind/connected to the new Flask Fine Wines.

I went by today and it was a mob scene. The dude at the register said ten minutes but it ended up taking about 45 to get my Reuben.

Sandwich was pretty good, dense but chewy rye, nice punchy sauerkraut, fun cheese crisp, but the pastrami itself was underwhelming. It was a little bland and very chewy. It’s just soft opening and they were super busy so I’m willing to cut them some slack, and the other sandwiches on the menu do sound cool.

1 Like