Best Pizza by the Slice?

Yikes! Where did this happen?

Apollonia’s Pizzeria on Wilshire (mid-wilshire).

Thanks! I’ve been wanting to try their square slices but it sounds like I am better off giving this place a pass : (

Arrrggghhh I been eyebanging those square slices for weeks.

Me too. And they’re dank, though outer cheese got really stale after reheating. But I’m not paying what they’re charging out of principle

1 Like

Linking @Chowseeker1999 ‘s report and conversation to this topic.

1 Like

Pic of receipt or it didn’t happen.

In all seriousness, WTF??? who is willing to pay that much for pizza??

I went to apollonia today and they were closed. Although it was listed as open online and on their hours of operation sign.

Any one know why? Are they known for keeping inconsistent hours?

I mean the price was listed when I ordered, I went for it as I had to try. “ But when she said you can add your tip of choice right here” for handing me 2 slices, I blew a gasket

I’m more interested in your loot at Wholefoods and Ralph’s

4 Likes

I wish I seen that.

1 Like

How did you get out of WF spending only $16? Did you wear blinkers and just get a tiny salad bar?

1 Like

Milk, yogurt, bananas, kale.

1 Like

He rolled his eyes. Not that exciting. :wink:

1 Like

Funny!!!

I finally made it to Appolonia for the square slices…had two…very good but did seem pricey…funny thing was I only wanted one square and wanted to try a reg slice…only saw squares so I figured thats all they made Fridays…while I was eating I saw other people getting reg slices…not sure where the guy pulled them out of…ha,ha, I’ll leave that to your imagination

2 Likes

I flipped out when I tried the Milo place on Pico near Lincoln…I think a slice w/sausage might’ve been $7.50…I made a sarcastic comment that included a “What the fuck” but it was very good…pretty big too, and considering, I believe, they use "free range/organic ingredients understandable but not likely to get my biz again as the LA pizza scene has gotten so much better that there are plenty of options!

What? No honey? :wink: :smile:

LOL!

That would be a nice trick. Pressure cooked slices?

Sounds about right. Yeah, they also tack on the 3% “healthcare” charge.

Big slice. They slice a whole 18” pie into 6, rather than 8 slices.

When I was there, the pepperoni tasted more like a genoa/dry salami, which would be fine if that’s what I expected. Crust was rather tough.

Was yours fresh?

At the Santa Monica courthouse for jury selection and police were searching for a bank truck thief when we got out for lunch so I walked the other way to Milo SRO.

The pepperoni is definitely more like genoa salami but I thought it was pretty good. The sicilian slice was soggy due to all the tomatoes.

2 Likes