Best Pizza by the Slice?

I thought it was just ok. For a Detroit style or pan style pie I prefer Apollonias

1 Like

Not by the slice but this is the busiest thread I put here.

Get some pizza and money goes to helping our people fighting an existential war for our homeland again against our shitty neighbors

8 Likes

Prime Pizza has $1 cheese slices (limit 4 per person) between 11am-4pm today (10/13) to celebrate Amazon’s Prime day. @Ns1 @Gr8pimpin @lapizzamaven

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGQn1LEDr-R/

4 Likes

BYOP (bring your own pepperoni)

Thanks!!

1 Like

You’re very welcome! :grin:

It’s a steal, considering slices are $3.5!

1 Like

Stopped by the Fairfax location for the first time in months and happy to report it was the best slice I’ve ever had from them. Always enjoyed Prime but found the cornicione to be too bready to give it my “New Yorker seal of approval.” This time around it was perfectly thin and crisp with the familiar crackle on the fold of a hometown slice. Grateful I don’t need to travel to Pizza Wagon to scratch that itch.

4 Likes

That Fairfax location has been hit or miss for me. The Burbank location has seemed more consistent.

Maybe they got their act together in Fairfax. Good to know!!

1 Like

How was the line for Prime day?

Showed up a few minutes before noon and I was the only one there.

3 Likes

Ended up grabbing 4 slices at around 2 pm

3 Likes

Same. Was motivated by @dk16’s post and went to the Little Tokyo location around 2. Only 3 parties in front of me. They did a great job filling the orders as fast as they could and making sure everything went out hot & delicious. Thanks for the heads-up @noddles.

3 Likes

Very welcome! I couldn’t make it out but so glad that many of you were able to!

1 Like

Not sure if posted in another thread, but Prime is expanding to the Westside on Santa Monica Blvd just west of Bundy, where that Pizza Hut used to be.

7 Likes

yeah, past it over the weekend…Great news! it is so close to me!

1 Like

I’m too lazy to review the thread. Is the pizza good? I think I saw your post from ~2 yrs ago, and it seemed like you weren’t crazy about it.

This place is almost walking distance from me, and it can’t be worse than Pizza Hut (although I actually do think the hand tossed crust at Pizza Hut is surprisingly decent).

A good benchmark given the multiple locations. Sure you might do better but you could do a lot worse.

2 Likes

I really like the Sicilian/square pies from Prime.
A pretty good deal these days @ $28 per pie ($3.5 per slice).
(not my photo)

5 Likes

we usually order the square pies also. We order from the Little Tokyo location so YMMV.

2 Likes

I really like Sicilian, and I don’t think we have a good one nearby, so that alone is enough to get me to go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like them a lot. Not my favorite, but right up there. If they were in my neighborhood rather than Pizza Wagon, I’d go there.

The one thing I’m not crazy about is that I don’t think they give me enough pepperoni on my pepperoni slices or whole pies. That’s really my biggest gripe.

I also don’t like their Sicilian. Has a tendency (every time that I have gotten it) to be very soft and more like soft focaccia. If you like Sicilian, Pizza Wagon is not as fancy, but crust thickness and texture is right on. Just like back East. Not bready or doughy.

IMHO, Prime will probably be the best NY slice in Santa Monica outside of Joes on Broadway.

3 Likes