Bon Temps - Arts District

I consider that neighborhood to have gentrified property values now.

2 Likes

Yah, I have two friends who bought a factory building about 10yrs ago for their clothing biz. Now they say the value has gone up so much they could retire from the sale.

3 Likes

I wish I had been that smart.

2 Likes

I know!

No idea how far along they were Pre-COVID but being that the city of LA takes forever if you are doing a full build out from scratch I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they underestimated our bureaucracy.

In a recent interview with Lindsay Jang of she pretty much said that she was used to how things in Hong Kong could happen fast, you just pay the right people and you can start building right away but LA has been a challenge for them.

I would expect Olveraā€™s group to run into the same nonsense of what opening a restaurant in LA is like.

I do want to point out he lives within walking distance of the restaurant. Assume thatā€™s at least part of his reason for opening there

1 Like

Yunomi Handroll Bar is opening soon or maybe not soon now with Covid19, but it is a full build out right in the middle of Arts District. We shall see how that pans out.

Brutal. Donā€™t wait to support your favorite restaurants.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_rP35MjpYJ/

7 Likes

That picture seriesā€¦

Thatā€™s so incredibly sad.

Unless youā€™re Bestia/Bavel, itā€™s hard to succeed when so few people lives there. A good amount of your customers should be people who lives minutes away. It needs more housing developments. Right now, itā€™s not yet a neighborhood. I really hope Nightshade can survive.

Some of you might have noticed where Chef Carson landed, in Boise, Idaho! Sad that his pastries will not be accessible to us in LA, but glad he found a new project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWd7NWj60A/

3 Likes

I had hoped heā€™d open up somewhere in LA again, but happy heā€™s landed on his feet. I still really miss that pastry case.

1 Like

Glad heā€™s back. Bummed itā€™s not walking distance for me.

11 Likes