Boozy Santa Ana Brunch

Our friends want us to come to Santa Ana for a Sunday brunch…they want us to see the house they’re building. Is there a boozy brunch spot in the area that’s also family-friendly? They’ve got an infant and we’ve got our almost full-sized bunch.
Thanks!

I don’t know of a whole lot in Santa Ana, but we really like Plum’s Cafe in Costa Mesa. If you’re not opposed to travelling that far, I would recommend (in no particular order):

Cannon Beach Margarita (blackberry)
Hail Mary Full of Bacon
Irish Coffee
Mimosas

Plums Biscuits and Gravy
Dungeness Crab Omelet
Vietnamese Pork & Egg Bowl (I had this the first, probably five times I went there)
Chilaquiles Verdes
The Dutch Baby looks sublime, and I see lots of people ordering it, but I haven’t tried it.

Other suggestions closer to Santa Ana

Taqueria Zamora (no, not brunch, but they have great chilaquiles, machaca, and chorizo… and beer)
Eat Chow (I’ve had great brunch at the NB location)
Snooze (again, not SA, but not too far), and if you’re in that neighborhood…
TAPS
Bosscat (across from SNA; does that count?), though it might not be the most kid-friendly.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

1 Like

Depending on where you are in Santa Ana, the new Water Grill across from SCP is one of the most beautiful restaurants I’ve seen.

Very reasonable brunch prices- been twice, and free corkage (not sure how many bottles).

Also a kids menu.

1 Like

@OCSteve If I had it my way, we’d do the TAPS brunch…but that’s a bit out of the way. All of your suggestions are great…I’ll have to send this list to the crew so they can choose! After reading the menus…my protein bar breakfast just isn’t going to cut it.

1 Like

@BubblyOne I keep on forgetting that Water Grill is an option now. Thanks!

1 Like