Boy do I need help with Boston... my former home

hmmm-- that may be hard to find. The last couple of times I went to Boston for family events, I ended up just getting my seafood fix as Legal’s due to the convenience of their (multiple) locations to where I was going to be or staying. For a chain they are pretty solid still. I even got one more lobster roll at Logan while waiting for my plane.

1 Like

That was me! Last time we were there we went from the plane to Belle Island Seafood for a lobster roll and fried clam fix. Same with gumbo in New Orleans. We ate it everyday including at the airport!

I’ll tell them to checkout a Legal Seafood. They’re only there for 3 days and that will be convenient. Thanks!

1 Like

that’s why I ended up there…lol

1 Like

I checked out the menu. Perfect for that NE seafood fix.

1 Like

A few ideas for seafood places in Boston - Saltie Girl, Eventide, Neptune Oyster, Row 34 and for a little bit different take Ivory Pearl (creative seafood dishes with asian influences, e.g. swordfish steak & frites, tentacle hot dog, peking hamachi collar, unagi grilled cheese - outstanding cocktail program)
And clam chowder without pork will be difficult

2 Likes

I think Union is a must visit in Boston. Also James Hook right by where I used to work.

I have no idea about pork. Also I haven’t been back in ages

1 Like

Great thanks @honkman & @Nemroz!

Coinkydink, their hosts had already planned to take them to Legal Seafood Friday before I rec’d it. I’ll send them your recs for tonight in case they haven’t made plans. They’re on a college tour for the pup and are leaving tomorrow. If he’s accepted :crossed_fingers:t4:they’ll be spending more time there, so these are great!

Which college in the Boston area ?

An official visit to Harvard for academics & football.:crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Warrior: I lived in Cambridge. There are only two things in all of the Boston area that I miss: hot chocolate from L.A. Burdick and cheeses, honeys, etc. from Formaggio Kitchen.

2 Likes

There are also some other nice places which we miss - Sophia’s Greek Pantry for some of the best homemade greek yoghurt, Area 4 for the best pizza we had anywhere, lobster rolls (though that tends to be more outside of Boston), Iggy for great bread at reasonable prices, Toscanini for creative ice creams - not unlike Scoops in LA but better quality ice cream and yes - Formaggio as one of the best cheese shops in the US

1 Like

I did too for a while. Where were you? We used to like going to Pho Pasteur :slight_smile:

Warrior: I was in a sad little 8x10 dorm. I liked Pho Pasteur too. Indian restaurants in the area were generally good. The lunch buffet at Maharaja was really good. But this was 14 years ago for me.

Yep… was 2 years ago for me… I remember a good Tibetan place closer to us in north Cambridge. Good times. I miss

Warrior: I hated it! LOL. So much happier here in sunny LA.

1 Like

Boston is so charming and fun. Was home since young days. Always have love for it but also prefer it here.

2 Likes

I thought the city of Boston was beautiful but being from the Cape I didn’t like living there. People tended to stay in their own ‘hoods and were not friendly to outsiders. It’s probably changed (a lot?). Now when I visit as a toursist I find it charming and look forward to returning. And I miss NE food!

1 Like

Boston keeps calling me.

I’ve been tasked with finding something for a totally different person now. I need to have a pecan pie delivered to Leighton St in Cambridge. Does anyone know of a good bakery in the vicinity?

Thanks!

There is a Tatte Bakery relatively close by (Third Street) even though they are stsrting to become a small (local) chain has still maintained great quality. Flour Bakery (the second high quality local chain) has also a location nearby (Kendall Sq) and there is also Petsi Pies as an option (which technically Somerville but not that far to drive)

1 Like

Good selections @honkman!

I’m not much of a baker but think I have Flour’s cookbook downloaded on a old device. Will see who has and can deliver a pecan pie on short notice. Thanks!