Brodard in Orange County is famous for pork spring rolls — but don't skip the pastries

The L.A. Times strikes again…this time with an old Vietnamese stalwart…Brodard.
Admittedly, I believe their rolls are glorious. I order nem nuong and chao tom rolls for every family party I throw at my house. I’ve only ever had the banh khot once or twice before…it’s tasty, but I prefer my Mom’s. I was unaware that the pastry program is guided by a Cordon Bleu graduate…though, I’ve never really thought their macarons were anything extraordinary.

4 Likes

can someone just fill in the blank so we don’t have to fall for the clickbait.

1 Like

“Pastries”

(I like this review and Patricia Escarcega’s writing and her restaurant choices a lot but I hate this headline technique so so much)

4 Likes

Apropos Thread Revival

Last weekend our son & his lady had a traditional untraditional pre-wedding tea ceremony. Untraditional included that they legally wed during the pandemic and are now having the delayed festivities leading up to a big ceremony in ‘22. Weddings in the time of Covid.

Anyhoo! We went early to Brodard to get food to take, but while standing in line we realized there was probably going to be sooo much savory food already from Brodard, homemade food, as well as Chema’s Tacos (Whittier)! We went with pastries & cognac. Thanks for the tips @attran99! :revolving_hearts:

It was a beautiful, touching & gastronomically splendid day.

25 Likes

What a spread! Sounds like an amazing time to share with family and close friends!
So glad a great time was had by all!
Congratulations to the happy couple and their families.

4 Likes

It was lovely! Thanks @attran99! :hugs:

2 Likes

that is magnificent! What a spread and Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks @Hungrydrunk!

That is so beautiful! Congrats to all!

1 Like

Happy our families are finally getting together after the lockdowns and the delays! :heart:

4 Likes

hi @TheCookie
wow, looks great. congrats. is that crispy roast pork belly :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart: from broadard too? thanks.

1 Like

Hi @PorkyBelly

Thanks! So good. :heart::blush::heart:

That is a good question. Will ask.

1 Like

I’m guessing the crispy pork came from Lien Hoa or Duong Son.

2 Likes

Congrats looks like such an awesome time with good food to boot!

1 Like

That bo kho with the baguette :heart:
was that homemade or takeout?

1 Like

Haha that’s exactly what it was!

Yes @PorkyBelly, the bo kho was homemade by bride’s mom. There was lotsa sopping! So good. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes