Burgers on the Strip

Who’s got the best burger on the strip these days?

In particular I got my eye on Bavette’s and I see Peter Luger opened up an outpost @ Ceasar’s. The PL burger is often lauded but every time I see pictures, the ratio feels so off…

Peter Luger burger (at the original) works great. Maybe the only truly good item on their entire menu.

1 Like

“Ratio off”: you think there’s too much meat? Looks pretty good to me.

so much bread…

1 Like

With that thick patty, it looks to me like a typical meat-to-bread ratio.

It looks like the bun squishes somewhat. And you could scoop some of the crumb out of the top if you wanted.

1 Like

You should just try the Peter Luger burger and find out. I’ve had the one from the Vegas outpost and I think it’s excellent and the ratio is good, especially with the prominent dry aged beef flavor. Skip their steak sandwich in favor of this IMO. It’s an exercise in simplicity and restraint that celebrates the beef, but may not be to your taste if you like a burger with more dressings. You can only get it at lunch, so if you aren’t satisfied just walk down the street and try Bavette’s for dinner. I don’t believe Bavette’s burger uses dry aged trim though and they sell it as a wagyu burger with SRF american wagyu, which in my mind would mean that it can’t match Peter Luger’s. For my taste reference, my top burger… maybe ever, was the burger at Bradley Ogden (formerly also at Caesar’s) and I liked it better than the Minetta Tavern Black Label burger.

4 Likes