Camphor - Arts District

the sea bream with uni, onion tartine, and scallops here are great.

amuse

:herb::herb::herb:

sea bream, uni, green apple

:herb::herb::herb::herb::herb:

beef tartare, herb tempura

:herb::herb::herb::herb:

radicchio salad

onion tartine, comté & gruyère

scallop, demi lune

lobster, saffron risotto

dover sole, grenobloise

kiwi, mint

marzipan, meyer lemon ice

8 Likes

I just discovered that they host a steak frites night the second Wednesday of each month. $65 per person, includes 8oz steak, fries, bread & butter, salad. On steak frites nights they ONLY offer the prix fixe steak frites meal, the regular menu is not available. Has anybody been and if so how was it? What cut do they use? I love steak frites and I’m intrigued by the idea of everybody around me also eating steak frites. But I hate driving downtown during the week…

5 Likes

Not great if true….

2 Likes

Don’t they have a 20% service charge? The article doesn’t have enough details to know exactly what the suit is about.

no

Used to.

Has anyone been recently? What’s the POA for a party of 2 dining at the Chef’s Counter?

scallop, always the scallop.

1 Like

I love the Camphor concept with an elevated tasting menu-like experience. For 2 people, try to run through as much of the menu as possible, albeit you may have to take some stuff home. Oh well.

French onion tartine is probably one of the best bites in the city
Scallop dish
Burger great, but heavy so I would say optional

1 Like

Collab coming up at Eataly:

Link

Eataly Los Angeles presents the Sotto le Stelle: Guest Chef Series at Capri, taking place on April 18th from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. The Sotto le Stelle event series will feature a curated four-course meal created exclusively for Capri by Michelin-starred restaurants, in collaboration with our Eataly Chefs.

For the April 18th edition, join Co-Executive Chefs Max Boonthanakit and Lijo George of Camphor for a special evening in honor of Eataly’s first-ever line of pasta. This is a paid event at $85.00 per person

Menu created by Eataly & Camphor

• Amuse Bouche, Sea Bream and Uni Tart
  • Appetizer, Tartare di Pesce con Cedro, Yellowtail Tartare, Lemon Citrus, Black Pepper, Capers, Parsley, Mayo, Carasau Bread
  • Primo, Mezzi Paccheri Amalfi, Mezzi Paccheri Eataly, Calamari, Porcini Mushrooms, Provolone Cheese, Potatoes, Basil
  • Secondi, Trota in Crosta con Limone e Zafferano, Crusted Trout with Asparagus, and a Lemon Saffron Sauce
  • Dessert, Sorbetto & Granita, Marzipan Sorbet and Lemon Granita
4 Likes