Cento Pasta Bar - West Adams

Sprouted Cauliflower, Castelvetrano Olives, Marcona Almonds, Oranges, Golden Raisins

Chicken Liver Crostino, w/Aged Balsamic, Raisin Agrodolce, Chives

Sea Urchin Spaghetti - Santa Barbara Uni, Persian Saffron, Burrata

Grassfed Ribeye, Roasted Red Baby Tomatoes

Saffron Panna Cotta, Pink Peppercorns, Blood Orange

The highlights were… that Cento Pasta Bar 2.0 is in our hood! But seriously, the wine, salad, uni pasta, crostino were excellent. Panna cotta is incredible. :hearts:

The atmosphere and design are very chic. I don’t think my photos do it justice.

We had a reservation for next week but decided to call early tonight to see if they reserved space for walk-ins. Indeed! When we got there the hostess asked if we were from the neighborhood and said they will always try to reserve tables & bar seats for walk-ins and encourage locals to come dine. Sergio was in the house and like the hostess seemed happy that we live close and popped in. They are definitely making a concerted effort @Dommy. Service was excellent!

Welcome to the Neighborhood Cento!

21 Likes

Great scoop! Chef Avner is a good dude. Glad he’s working his magic in a bigger venue.

4 Likes

Thanks @J_L!

2 Likes

YAY!! Thanks so much for the update! Those dishes look amazing!! Most of that AntiPasto menu is exactly what i would order… YOM! So glad they have the community in mind, they have some great neighbors and will be by soon!

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Going tomorrow, can’t wait. Avner is the man

3 Likes

hi @TheCookie
great first report. that uni pasta looks :heart_eyes: and love the open kitchen. how was the chicken liver? what were your favorites?
thanks.

4 Likes

I’ll take ooe please

1 Like

Hi @PorkyBelly

Two of my favorite words in the food dictionary are chicken liver & crostini (ok that’s 3 words). I expected the liver to be more textured but happily adjusted to the creaminess. The aged balsamic & agrodolce raisins are a big flavor punch (some might find too much). There’s also a slight smokey quality from putting a dome over the thin bread on the griddle. Delicious dish. This and the uni pasta were the favorite savories. The panna cotta is sublime. :heart: I’m sure there’s more favorites to come. The menu and what they were putting out look incredible. Those Calabrian prawns and the bone marrow! :heart_eyes:

Have a great time @skramzlife!

Tip: they need to keep the door open for fast in & outs so dress warmly even inside. My ankles were cold, lol.

6 Likes

Another tip about walk-ins. They did say they start to get busy around 7pm, so between 5-6:30pm is best or there could be a significant wait. I’d also call ahead.

2 Likes

hi @TheCookie
what’s the parking, mosquito, noise and smog sitch? thanks.

3 Likes

Lol I’m here to help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly

They have valet. Honestly, we didn’t even consider looking for street parking. It’s not advisable at night because the block is kinda dark and there’s not a lot of traffic. We didn’t sit outside but low traffic probably means not a lot of noise & smog. Thankfully it’s too cold for bugs. :wink:

1 Like

Haha the rain must be helping.

1 Like

Yah…great questions…got any others?

4 Likes

hi @CiaoBob
what were some of your favorite questions from my post? thanks.

8 Likes

What a great-looking meal. If I were in LA I’d go there tonight.

1 Like

You should definitely put it on your LA list.

How many seats in the house?

1 Like

Did the pasta come out piping hot?

5 Likes

do they give you free bread?
what’s the toto sitch?
is there a service charge with an additional tip line?

2 Likes