"Cheaper" Eats Recs

I Will be in Paris for four days. I Will be doing Epicure, PG, and Astrance as my $$$$ meals. What other cheaper recommendations (probably $150 a person or less) are there for my lunches and dinners?

If fancy meals put you in the mood for a light lunch, Au Babylone.

My longtime favorites for regional cuisine are Ambassade d’Auvergne and Au Trou Gascon.

1 Like

Japanese execution, French cuisine:

After receiving his first Michelin Star, Chef Hideki Nishi is still rockin’ it at Neige d’été .

Neige d’été
12 rue de l’Amiral Roussin
75015 Paris
+33 1 42 73 66 66

Also in the 15eme, Chef Nishi’s friend Chef Terumitsu Saito is serving up great stuff at Pilgrim.

Pilgrim
8 rue Nicolas Charlet
75015 Paris
+33 1 40 29 09 71

1 Like

Does anyone have a favorite place in Paris for andouillette?

I just got back and had a fantastic dinner and lunch at Chez Georges. I highly recommend it. It used to be a hangout for the press until they moved outside of Paris. Still great food, though.

The sweetbreads were the best I had the whole trip, the turbot is excellent, their fries are crispy and addictive and their steaks are great.

There are two Chez Georges, not related, in Paris - this one is on Rue du Mail.

I like Brasserie Vaudeville. They serve the best tete de veau!

Our fave place closed, sadly. AOC. It served the best cote de boeuf with mashed potatoes and bone marrow for two…

Found another place at last minute that served cote de boeuf for two. The beef was excellent, the fries and vegetables superb, the service prompt. The only thing we didn’t like was it was more of a hipster place and we prefer more traditional restos. But other than that, a very good restaurant.

http://thebutchers.fr/the-butchers-table/

1 Like

Though I didn’t get it at either place, both both Chez George and Cafe Vaudeville serve andouillette. I didn’t have any in Paris this trip.

Almost forgot - awesome crepes and cider at

1 Like