Chi SPACCA

this porchetta freda is happening on saturday… looks very enticing

What is that?

thinly sliced piping cold porchetta topped with a chicharron salsa :heart: :blush: :heart:

https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/5/a/5af7b1024fba47f45e19dfd4a946c35b9d26dd87.jpeg

14 Likes

that’s gonna be a breat toping for my cheesy bread lol

I was thinking bread too.

I was thinking rice.

Yes, I’m Asian.

6 Likes

rice rice baby

4 Likes

that recco focaccia is going to get porked hard.

2 Likes

Okay then! Let us know how that goes.

Is Chi Sp seating at chef bar these days?
I was surprised to see a few table in front of it (on Melrose) a few weeks ago.

Think so, it’s one of the reservations options.

Yes. And they’ve also expanded into the mozza2go space.

1 Like

Yes indeed. The pickup for mozza2go is now very awkward and unorganized. You check in with the hostess at Chi Spacca, then wait by the door to the right. Last time I picked up, nobody quite knew where to go, people were waiting a good deal past pickup time. Food was delicious as always, though.

1 Like

alright I’m headed here in a few weeks. what are the MUST HAVE’s to get here? I know there’s a lot.

Bread - Focaccia di Recco - $30

11 Likes

ahahahahah

skimming through here looks like my picks:

veal tongue, warm salted dates, little gem salad, grilled calamari, pepper steak (or pork loin), mashed potatoes.

The mashed potatoes are probably the least exciting of the contorni, which have been highlights of every meal I’ve had there.

If you have any interest in butterscotch, you want to try the budino.

The focaccia di Recco is a great dish, but so rich and filling it’s good to share with a party of at least four.

2 Likes

Porkchop and bone marrow pie are the MUST haves.

2 Likes

Truffled scrambled eggs if truffles are in; Caesar salad; lobster if they have it on the menu that night; anchovy and butter bread.

1 Like