Chi SPACCA

The $95 pork chop, or $75 milk pork loin?

The $95 one.

1 Like

huh? not one person in this thread has mentioned the warm salted dates or calamari.

tongue, porchetta fredda, anchovy & butter, caesar, tomahawk pork chop, bone marrow pie, chicken.

Skimming through the menu on my own lol. I like dates and calamari :slight_smile:

I keep hearing mixed things about the pork chop… im still deciding between that and the steak

I’ve had good octopus there more than once, so squid seems like a good bet.

1 Like

Personally for steak I’d go to Gwen or APL, which currently lists a 130-day dry-aged ribeye for $99 on their web site.

I’m sure Chi Spacca"s steaks are good, but they have a lot of competition, and I haven’t seen a aimilar pork chop elsewhere. Though the pepper steak might also be unusual.

Why do you bother coming here to ask for recommendations if you’re just going to pick items on your own? Smh

6 Likes

Because I want to hear other opinions? You can’t possibly be serious.

We all know the type.

Tacos de pollo por favor

3 Likes

So we went there for my birthday at the start of the month and we experienced a level of saturation so heavy that she even said she doesn’t want to return. Yikes. Ordering smartly with a small group is key here.

All we had was the octopus (so amazing but too salty… (i’m not a sendbacker))… the cheesey bread- foccacia di recco paired with the thinly slice porchetta… and then cheek and marro pie… too much… too tooo much. by the time the pie got to us we were already hurting. i still love the place but have to stop ordering the dang pie (which was perfectly executed).

this was also the first time we went there and weren’t able to take advantage of waiving 1 bottle corkage by buying one of their bottles… a Mozzaplex rule that bastianich prick instituted apparently. Also wines all went up in price. Also sitting inside with doors open to accomodate servers running in and out on a hot day was not a good experience

Too rich… couldnt even get dessert ON MY BIRTHDAY… all i could drink at the Improv after was Jager

6 Likes

Weaksauce.

Porkybelly calls that amuse bouche

6 Likes

These. Beware the chicken is on top of bread. It’s included.

3 Likes

At least the bread’s free!

5 Likes

Fear is the mind killer. And by fear I mean focaccia di Recco, and by mind I mean appetite.

2 Likes

such absolutely weak sauce!

But can you permit it to pass through you? Maybe with a little salad…

1 Like

I love eating at spacca it’s one of the few restaurants that delivers consistently every time we go. We tried to do some new things that we don’t usually order and they were absolutely awesome. Medjool dates melt in your mouth soft, both salads (Caesar and little gem) were on point although Caesar was probably weakest dish of evening, paid for bread with puglia burrata refreshing with some bite from that sourdough.

Protein dishes we’ve never ordered. Chicken was spicy and skin was crispy but breast was still moist and that bread was such a good sponge for the chicken juices.

Lamb was the best lamb I’ve ever had. I have no idea how they kept the center that rare but the meat was still melt in your mouth tender and not chewy. Lamb>pork tomahawk.

Not pictured budino and a couple glasses of wine.

13 Likes

Warrior: they do good things with vegetables, funnily enough. The brussel spout salad was the best brussel sprout salad I’ve ever had. The pickled peppers stuffed with anchovies were delightful. The roasted turnips with greens attached were satisfying. Other comments from last night’s meal: razor clams had too much dirt to recommend; octopus wasn’t special; chicken under a brick was a little dry but had amazing peppery flavor, and the toast underneath had wonderful flavor. The focaccia isn’t really my thing: too bland, not worth the unhealthiness. Peony may weigh in later

1 Like

Hmmm.

4 Likes

Does anyone know the origin of putting a marrow bone in the middle of a pie? Seems like the kind of thing the brits would have come up with.