Chi SPACCA

The lobster is grilled and the sauce has cilantro and more umami than anything I have tasted. The bread is an absolute must order with it. Also, they don’t necessarily have the lobster everyday - I think it depends on what the fisherman brings in.

How much lobster do you get for 130 bucks?

1 Like

It was enough for 3 of us, but of course we ordered other things as well. I thought it was well worth the money.

Local SCUBA friends are great to have. Ise ebi is delicious.

Relatives.

…and another stomach.

I cook a lot of chicken so rarely order it in restaurants, but @Chowseeker1999’s photos look :heart_eyes:. I mean, just look at that crostone underneath soaking up the juices!

2 Likes

You guys are killing me! :yum:

Knowing these guys’ taste I sent enticing photos of the bistecca, tomahawk pork chop and the bone marrow pie. One reply was “One of each please”. My ideal would be to add the duck, chicken, that spiny lobster and break my rule for that veal tongue everyone’s raving about. But alas, I will be the smallest eater at the table (hopefully one or two will bring a gal). Since it’s shared plates I was just planning to order the focaccia di recco and the warm roasted squash blossoms w/ricotta & tomato vinaigrette then have a little of what everyone else orders. I’ll make a game time decision about ordering my own entree. Should I switch out the blossoms for the caesar?

Honorable mention: milk roasted pork loin and lamb sausage. Yep, I need another stomach.

3 Likes

Save room for desserts.

Yes that too! Butterscotch Budino? Or should I try something new?

Yes budino and gelato for the table. The one thing that always disappointed me is that you cannot get desserts from Mozza at Chi Spacca.

1 Like

this is either a very large lemon or a very tiny lobster

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMp3YNFZEH/

5 Likes

So you get 1 lobster for $130…

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

…Yep, I think I’ll read those ingredients again, buy one and cook it on my portable grill… and my lemons are better. :wink:

The sauce is so complex on the spiny lobster that I can’t believe you could replicate it at home unless you had the exact recipe (and assuming you could procure a spiny lobster from you local fishmonger).

As to squash blossoms versus Caesar, I think the Caesar is more special.

Oh, of course not. I can’t get smoky on my little cuisinart grill either… I’m just sayin’. But my lemons are definitely better. :blush:

I’ve had great desserts at Chi Spacca. When I’m eating there why should I care what the customers next door are eating?

I’ve only eaten at Chi Spacca a handful of times but they don’t have the same breadth of offerings as next door. The gelato and budino are great desserts I love the copetta with spanish peanuts and marshmallows. Never seen the peanut butter pie on the Chi Spacca menu.

and half a lemon

5 Likes

I need to back this conversation up for a money, please. You’ve never heard of spiny lobster?? How is that possible?