Chi SPACCA

Definitely #teambeefandbonemarrowpie! Your chicken pot pie actually looks better than mine - golden crust and a little more sauce. But trust me, I believe what you say. And yes, why not the carrots in the pie?

Normally, I’d say no to most roasted or grilled chicken in restaurants. Boring. But if they can do what they did to that Tomahawk then I want to try the chicken! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that’s the case that’s angler uni toast levels of graft!!!

Same world where a milk shake is $9… @MilkBar

is that place any good?

For some reason, a $9 milk shake is a lot less offensive than a $50 chicken pot pie that’s fairly average sized.

1 Like

Her salty cereal milk ice cream is insanity for me

1 Like

That place is god’s greatest gift to the diabetic/healthcare industry.

1 Like

So overly sweet and saturated with sugar? I’ll probably pass then, I generally enjoy my desserts less sweet.

1 Like

That one ice cream i brought up is their trademark and is actually more salty than sweet.

1 Like

of the few things i sampled at two different locations like cookies and crack pie…yup

i agree with that but $6 soft serve is quite steep

1 Like

Ohmigod, this totally reminds me of the time not long ago when the Jonas Brothers song hit #1, and Nick got Priyanka a Bentley to celebrate… Or was it a Maybach?

Okay, I guess this isn’t THAT similar… :wink:

1 Like

absurdly steep… but as long as they have a line there’s no reason to change the business model… in fact, business rules say if there’s a line, keep increasing the price

3 Likes

It’s all relative, babe. :wink:

1 Like

We used to slurp down the $10 milkshake at LACMA’s C+M (Coffee & Milk). Vanilla Ice Cream and Bourbon! It was called the Adult Millshake. This was before they added the C to the M and put coffee in everything. Best milkshake I’ve ever had!

Chi SPACCA

Bottle of 2013 Tenuta Prima Pietra, Tuscany

Butter Lettuces w/Fines(?) Herbs & Lemon Vinaigrette

I knew we were getting ready to have some serious eats, so I wanted to start w/a light, lemony, herb-alicious, salad.

Ricotta Filled Squash Blossoms in Tomato Vinaigrette

Roasted & served on warm tomato vinaigrette. This was gratis from the dining manager, Owen, to make up for a little reservation snafu. Great guy. Delicious starter.

Polla alla Diavola su Crostone aka TheCookie’s Name Is Written All Over This by @PorkyBelly!

I even stole his photo. Roasted Petaluma Chicken rubbed w/tons of herbs & spices, plated on thick, crunchy, toasty bread, roasted onions, all sopping up a sauce of white wine vinegar, olive oil, chicken juices & drippings, then doused w/juice from the roasted & caramelized lemon. :heart_eyes:

Tomahawk Pork Chop w/Fennel Pollen

We got a pro-tip from our waiter. Now, I’m not trying to tell you to be greedy & rude and snag the skinny rib bone. But you should be greedy & rude and snag the skinny rib bone. It has delectable loin meat and a perfect amount of fat, salt & spices. :kissing_heart: :two_hearts: This is an internet photo, but for reference, mine (yes, mine!) looked like an elongated baby lamb chop. Leave the gun. Take the rib bone.

Mashed Potatoes

This was not mashed, it was puréed and too much so.

Summer Fruit Cobbler :heart:

Summer stone fruits, baked in a crumble w/an oozy, fruity bubbling sauce and topped w/Fior di Latte (flower of milk) Gelato. It was so good and such a contrast to the…

Butterscotch Budino & Rosemary Pine Nut Cookies

This luxurious dessert of sweet, salty, butterscotch & cream. They dug in before I could get a shot. Recognize the photo @Chowseeker1999?

Delicious fun was had by us!

9 Likes

nice, were you able to try the chicken? did you happen to take a picture of the menu? asking for a friend. my sources are telling me there’s a new lobster pot pie?!

2 Likes

Hi @TheCookie,

Glad you liked it. Yah their Chicken is amazing. That was one of our favorites the first time I ever went there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, baby, I was all over that chicken.

I had my heart set on the chicken so I didn’t read the menu closely, but A. thinks he saw lobster pot pie. They have a central reservation system for the whole plex and the reservationists never know what’s on or off specific menus. But I’m curious… I’ll call my buddy Owen later. He knows the menu like the back of his hand.

1 Like

…and my cousin, the other chicken lover, loved it too.

1 Like

It’s on! I just called. The reservationist gave me the usual non-committal answer. “We have been serving it. I can’t say when or if it’s on the menu tonight or when it was or will be again… yada, yada.” Reply “May I speak to Owen?” Answer “He’s not working tonight. Would you like me to call down and ask if the Lobster Pot Pie is on the menu?” Answer “That would be nice. Thank you.” So, to make a long story long, yes, like the Chicken Pot Pie, it is now a regular but not permanent menu item. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes