Chinese translations sought (more signs in windows)

Technically you meant “traditional”. :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m glad someone updated the topic to “chinese translations” vs mandarin translations. that is all.

1 Like

But the signs in the photos thus far were in simplified Chinese, not traditional Chinese.

:raising_hand_man:

maybe i was posting in cantonese vs. mandarin. or everyone except jim has missed the point.

Ok, another one while making the rounds. This time it’s a banner. This was on the former Haige Star Boulevard in Rowland Heights (apologies for the poor lighting under difficult conditions and a phone pic).

Coming%20Soon

Roughly translates to “The world’s first…new concept restaurant coming soon!”

Thanks moonboy. Hopefully, this is hyperbole, otherwise we should all be very, very afraid.

Out of curiosity, what was it before?

Not just coming soon but it will also “arrive like a shining star (or bright and shining)!” lol.

2 Likes

Most recently it was Tianfu Cuisine, which was Sichuan. Prior to that, the original Haige Star Boulevard, beloved by our own ipsedixit. The banner wasn’t there during the earlier operations.

Lol. I purposely left out that ridiculously line.

1 Like

And before Haige Star Boulevard there were Acopia BBQ Beer House and 1 Sun Tainwan BBQ. I am so upset I never got to eat at Tianfu due, to their strange lunch hours.

1 Like

I knew you’d be able to go deeper into the history of restaurants at that space :+1:

It was already Haige Star Boulevard on my first visit to RH. Haige Star Boulevard hung around quite a while, especially for that area.

And don’t forget branch #2 of Haige Star in San Gabriel.

1 Like

B/c simply claiming to have the world’s first new concept restaurant was less ridiculous? :wink:

1 Like

Ya got me there! To be fair, I also thought that second line would be lost in translation.

wouldn’t that make it a comet hitting the earth? i’d prefer avoiding that experience.

(is this a typical S_A_M response?)

Could be some dude sporting a Thanos costume wearing the Infinity Gauntlet (with all the gems collected from TaoBao.com) greeting diners at the door.

2 Likes