Chrissy's Guide to L.A. Restaurants - Chrissy Teigen

@President_Mochi finally writing that food zine.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot David Chang

The L.A. Times and Jenn Harris were #NotImpressed

2 Likes

I don’t understand her appeal, especially in the food industry.

1 Like

I knew nothing about her but I thought she was great on David Chang’s show.

Mochi Lolz.

teheheheheeeee

Blue Apron featured one of her recipes. Taste was fine (but not exceptional), and it was super annoying to make from a logistical perspective. My experience w/ that recipe did not tempt me to try any more of her recipes…

How long do her and John wait in line for Howling Rays?

1 Like

Admittedly, I have both of her cookbooks. Her potato salad recipe is quite good as are her chicken lettuce wraps. But seeing this list made me a little sad because I expected a little more diversity out of her.

3 Likes

I get the impression she doesn’t like Mexican food.

1 Like

Jinya Ramen is not ideal. I’ve been to the Burbank location 3 times now and have yet to be impressed by their offerings. Ramen & Tsukemen TAO and Kitakata are still my winners.

1 Like

I love everything about her and John. I saw them twice in the same week when they started dating even, one of which was in Sonoma. But I would take anyone’s suggestions with a chunk of salt

1 Like

I enjoy her and John, too. And seeing how they like to randomly travel and eat, I thought her ramen rec would have some street cred. Not so much.
Serving her mac & cheese recipe for Thanksgiving dinner this week.

This Walter Reed alum from back in the day gives two thumbs up for the Uncle Andre’s rec. Yeah 3/4 of the time all I’d get there were the seasoned fries (and seasoned ketchup) in a greasy paper bag, but it was good stuff. Glad to see them get some pub even if I haven’t been in a very long time.

I quit going to Uncle Andre’s mostly because of the ridiculous wait. You’d walk in, they’d tell you it’d take 2 hours, and it ends up being 3.5 or whatever, on a Tuesday. If Andre wasn’t in the kitchen it’d go way downhill, so 3.5 hours for so-so food that was kind of expensive.

I maintain that Jinya ramen is a good baseline ramen, and certainly the best one in the 818. I don’t think they’re playing for the number one spot.

I’ve been 3 times since I’ve been back in the neighborhood. It’s either meh or too salty for me. I do like their thicker noodles, though.

1 Like

There’s always happy hour - $4 will get you a Sapporo and 5 pcs of fried chicken. Panna cotta dessert for $2 too.

2 Likes

Their first location next to the Marshall’s in the valley was the first legit ramen place I really went to, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. Never been to any of the others.

1 Like