Chrissy's Guide to L.A. Restaurants - Chrissy Teigen

@President_Mochi finally writing that food zine.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot David Chang

The L.A. Times and Jenn Harris were #NotImpressed

2 Likes

I don’t understand her appeal, especially in the food industry.

1 Like

I knew nothing about her but I thought she was great on David Chang’s show.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81076572

Mochi Lolz.

teheheheheeeee

Blue Apron featured one of her recipes. Taste was fine (but not exceptional), and it was super annoying to make from a logistical perspective. My experience w/ that recipe did not tempt me to try any more of her recipes…

How long do her and John wait in line for Howling Rays?

1 Like

Admittedly, I have both of her cookbooks. Her potato salad recipe is quite good as are her chicken lettuce wraps. But seeing this list made me a little sad because I expected a little more diversity out of her.

3 Likes

I get the impression she doesn’t like Mexican food.

1 Like

Jinya Ramen is not ideal. I’ve been to the Burbank location 3 times now and have yet to be impressed by their offerings. Ramen & Tsukemen TAO and Kitakata are still my winners.

1 Like

I love everything about her and John. I saw them twice in the same week when they started dating even, one of which was in Sonoma. But I would take anyone’s suggestions with a chunk of salt

1 Like

I enjoy her and John, too. And seeing how they like to randomly travel and eat, I thought her ramen rec would have some street cred. Not so much.
Serving her mac & cheese recipe for Thanksgiving dinner this week.

This Walter Reed alum from back in the day gives two thumbs up for the Uncle Andre’s rec. Yeah 3/4 of the time all I’d get there were the seasoned fries (and seasoned ketchup) in a greasy paper bag, but it was good stuff. Glad to see them get some pub even if I haven’t been in a very long time.

I quit going to Uncle Andre’s mostly because of the ridiculous wait. You’d walk in, they’d tell you it’d take 2 hours, and it ends up being 3.5 or whatever, on a Tuesday. If Andre wasn’t in the kitchen it’d go way downhill, so 3.5 hours for so-so food that was kind of expensive.

I maintain that Jinya ramen is a good baseline ramen, and certainly the best one in the 818. I don’t think they’re playing for the number one spot.

I’ve been 3 times since I’ve been back in the neighborhood. It’s either meh or too salty for me. I do like their thicker noodles, though.

1 Like

There’s always happy hour - $4 will get you a Sapporo and 5 pcs of fried chicken. Panna cotta dessert for $2 too.

2 Likes

Their first location next to the Marshall’s in the valley was the first legit ramen place I really went to, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. Never been to any of the others.

1 Like