Cosa Buona

I recently has the wings and was not in love with them. The sauce was cloying sweet.

But the Smoked Mozzarella Sticks and Red Gravy were great.

2 Likes

Yes I would agree that a pasta offering would be awesome. Maybe it’s a kitchen space constraint or maybe they are worried that offering too many things might affect quality?

Not to get too deep in the weeds about Jv but I feel like their pasta offerings are the weakest part of their menu.

1 Like

I read your post before ordering and purposely did not order the wings due to your rec! Thx for the tip!

1 Like

True. Walked in on a Thursday night since we were going to the Echoplex later and we were immediately sat at a booth.

1 Like

It is for us heathens who live in the OC.

My son was very upset with these wings. He is a traditionalist and only wants buffalo sauce.

Not sure if you read my post, but I said it was definitely travel worthy

Sorry I read your post and did not intend to call you out. Meant to say we agree with you that it is destination worthy. Even if we still lived in Weho we’d trek out to Cosa Buona. We really like trying their natural wines which we know very little about.

High QPR.

2 Likes

Warrior: Dinner tonight at Cosa Buona was decent. I liked the roasted broccolini more than the pizzas. The pizzas weren’t bad though. I liked the funky, earthy flavors of the Sicilian pizza with three cheeses and mushrooms (San Daniele). It was too heavy for my tastes, however. The margherita pizza was fine, but too thick for me. I didn’t like the chicken wings at all; they were far inferior to the wings at Eszett. Overall, while Cosa Buona does some things well, I doubt I’ll ever return.

Peony: Cosa Buona is a decent neighborhood pizza place. Of the two side dishes, I preferred the broccolini. The two pizzas were at about the same level for me. I personally preferred the margherita because I liked the thinner crust and smaller amount of cheese.

For my taste, the chicken wings at Cosa Buona are the best to be had anywhere. They have a little citrusy, sweet thing going along with the perfect amount of heat. I should also say that I don’t like traditional Buffalo wings. Too vinegary for my taste.

3 Likes